chapter thirtyfour (1/2)

(taylor)

My body is aching when I wake up in my bed. The sun's barging into my room as I can't open my eyes. I hear myself groan, getting out of bed to lower my blinds. Still stumbling with my eyes barely open, I find myself to my bed and crawl back in. I can't go back to sleep though. Harry's on my mind; wondering how he's doing now. 

When I'd called Conor last night, informing him about Harry, I was met with his mother's frantic questions. Harry's parents asked us to go home while they stayed with him; I was reluctant but I couldn't meet his parents' eyes anyway. Harry's dad drove Selena and I home while Niall went back to get the others. 

It feels like forever when I stare at my phone; wondering if I should call Harry, or even text him. I'm still tossing and turning; hesitant because I remember how many kisses I stole from Harry. "Fuck." I mutter, smacking my own face with my phone. What even came over me last night? 

//

This day feels like a bad hangover without the headache. I'm exhausted and embarrassed by everything that's happened last night. I'm still in the jogger shorts and hoodie I slept in when I decide to drive over to Selena's house. My mind's having second thoughts because I've forgotten to call her. 

Everything feels slow and long today. I'm sitting in Selena's driveway in my car for a while. My fingers on my lips when the realisation that I kissed Harry keeps coming back to me. There's a groan that escapes my mouth every single time. I must've had more liquid confidence than I realised, I tell myself. 

A tap on my window snaps me out of my own thoughts. "Oh." I say, reaching to open the passenger side for Niall. "What's up?" I ask, quietly. He's probably here to see Selena too. 

"Oh, I'm fine. How are you?" He replies, rubbing his hands on his jeans, looking in front. Niall turns to me as I begin to shutter. "C'mon Taylor, why are you sitting out here?" 

Shaking my head, I reign exasperation and look out the window. "I must've had a lot more to drink than I realised." I let out a small laugh.

"Harry just texted me a while ago." He finally says; I nod. "Right shoulder's fractured. He probably won't recover until a couple of months." My mouth drops, staring at Niall. Harry must be so devastated. He has matches with college scouters who're coming to watch him play. 

"That fucking sucks." I mutter, burying my face into my hands. I wish I could see him but I'm just so embarrassed and cringing at myself about last night. 

"His leg's fucked up too but he won't need a crutch or anything." Niall tells me. This isn't that bad since Harry'll be on his feet. I'm nodding and trying to fake a smile. I'm feeling like shit and on top of all this, Harry's college scholarship is practically gone. 

"Besides that, how's he?" I'm meeting Niall's eyes for the first time. "He's not in trouble? Is he alright? I mean," I stop when Niall's nodding his head with his lips pressed into a straight line. He probably can't tell me anyway. "Have you gone to see him?" 

"Visiting hours ended for today. I think we should all go on Monday." Niall suggests with a polite smile which I try to give back. 

//

In a couple of hours, everyone's (Niall, Karlie, Gigi and Liam) over at Selena's house. We're just a bunch of teenagers who managed to get our friend in the hospital. Selena's sectional sofa manages to fit almost all of us but I've claimed majority as I lie down with my face hidden with a cushion; still ashamed. Selena's got the other end claimed, doing the same without the cushion. 

"Was his mom or dad mad?" I hear Gigi ask again, sitting beside me. There's another sigh and another chuckle somewhere in the room. The answer's no and if they did, they sure hid it well. We've been going through the events of last night, again and again and again. I keep getting hit with the realisation of Harry's lips on mine like the first time again and again. I want to forget it. It's wrong.