chapter thirtytwo (2/2)

(harry)

"Where is Selena tonight?" Gigi asks with an amused expression, looking around us. "I wanted to see how hot she looked in that dress I borrowed her." She pouts for a second and looks over at us. Karlie and Taylor laugh while my eyes go over to Zayn who manages to put on a small smile that looks misplaced. I can tell he's still not over what I accidentally told him. 

"The night's still young!" Liam says, tipping his beer can at us, smiling a bit too much. "I think Niall and her are getting naughty upstairs though." he adds, grossing the rest of us. He's a bit tipsy so I don't know if we can even take his word for it. "There's Brenda from my math class so I'm gonna head on over!" He rushes past us toward Brenda from his math class. I've never heard of her but I'm sure this is the first and only time I will. 

"Speaking of silly drunks, where is your girlfriend?" Taylor turns to me, earning a few eyebrows raised from the rest as well. "Sarah." She adds before taking a huge gulp from her beer. 

My face scrunches up. "She's not my girlfriend. And, I don't know." This doesn't satisfy Taylor, I can tell, but she shrugs and looks away from me, taking one last sip before passing her can to me. 

"I'm going to get another one. Do you guys want anything?" I'm slightly worried because this is about the fourth can I've seen her with but decide not to say anything. Taylor's making her way toward the kitchen when Zayn starts following behind her, saying he needs another beer himself. 

After plucking my eyes off of Taylor, I turn to Karlie and Gigi. Both of whom are staring at me with smirks, sipping their own ciders with colourful straws. "Could you want her more?" Karlie's shaking her head, laughing slightly. 

"Is this the conversation we should be having after what just happened upstairs?" I turn to Gigi who rolls her eyes. "I'm serious, Gigi. Zack's a freak and he's dangerous." I add, giving a slight glance to Karlie who stays mute. 

Before Gigi can speak to protest, I speak again. "I know you're a strong-willed person. I don't doubt that for a second but he's, what, like 200 pounds and you're barely 120." I'm exaggerating but need to get these things in Gigi's head. My words displeases Gigi because I notice her wince and roll her eyes. 

"Harry's right, babe." Karlie speaks, softly. "You can't just keep doing this back and forth. Someone's gonna get hurt and I, I mean, we don't want it to be you." 

Defeated, Gigi nods and looks at me. She looks at me longer than what makes me feel comfortable. Finally, she turns to Karlie. "Could you get more for me? I have to talk to Harry about something." She passes her cider and turns to me again. 

Karlie and I exchange looks before she walks past us to go inside. As Karlie leaves, Gigi and I stand before each other for a few silence moments. 

"Okay, what?" I finally break the silence.

"You told Zayn?" Her small stature still frightens me as she hisses at me. I take a few steps back and open my mouth to defend myself. "Don't even, Styles. I know you did. He's been acting weird ever since I came back downstairs again." 

"I'm sorry! It slipped out my mouth. I know I fucked up." Frantically, I speak with my arms wailing. This makes Gigi laughs and nods. "We're cool?"

Reluctantly, Gigi gives her hand for me to shake. "But if you spill any of my secrets again, I will come for you." Her index finger points to me with her long fake nails, making her more frightening. I only nod.  

There's a commotion from inside. We hear a few screams, glass breaking and other things breaking and falling. A flood of people escape to the backyard but this only makes me want to go inside. Absentmindedly, I'm trying to get closer when I'm stopped by Gigi's pull. 

"Are you fucking crazy?" She furrows her eyebrows together, giving me a disapproving look. 

"I won't go in." I roll my eyes, lying. "I just wanna know what's up." My eyes scan over the people who're also curiously looking at the house as I walk closer to the door. Before I can ask anyone, there are a few people chattering on about who's fighting inside. When I turn to Gigi, her eyes widen and she rushes in faster than me. 

Again, I find myself pushing past everyone, trying to catch up to Gigi. "Gigi!" I yell over all the people but to no avail. 

I should've seen it coming though. Zack had already been drunk when I'd seen him upstairs. Zayn and Taylor were taking too long with the drinks. I should've seen it coming. When I get there, Zayn and Zack have both got each other's collar while Gigi's frantically trying to get them apart. The entire living room's been cleared by the two of them with the exceptions of the few drunks; unable to realise the situation. Zayn's been pushed up against a wall but selfishly, my eyes search for Taylor first.

I panic, looking at Zayn and Zack with Gigi's voice shouting. On top of that, being unable to find Taylor and Karlie. 

"Zayn, let go! Let go of him!" Gigi yells, attempting to remove Zack's hands from Zayn's collar. "I swear to god, Zayn!" She shouts again and he finally does. There's a wave of relief from Gigi and I when he does. "Come with me." She says, grabbing Zayn's hand but he flinches away from her touch. Zayn storms out the house as we hear the front door shut. 

Gigi stands there, stunned as Zayn leaves her behind. I walk closer toward Gigi, hoping to comfort her. I'm too late again as Zack twists her arm. 

"You stupid bitch!" He yells. Zack's always been a beast on the field but I'm in disbelief to see him like this. Gigi's wincing in pain; her eyes closed, probably doesn't want to meet my eyes. "You have to go around sleeping around!"

"Zack!" I say before I push him away from Gigi, freeing her arm. It's not enough because he gains his balance and laughs. Then, it happens again. Like it happened before. Zack's raising his hand and it lands right on Gigi's cheek, making her lose her balance. When it happens, I draw a sharp breath. In disbelief and disappointed in myself that I let that happen, I hurl myself toward Zack, pushing him again the glass that leads toward the backyard.  

I'm punching him and punching and punching when I've pushed him to ground. I can't even hear anything else except his grunts. But he takes control soon, he tackles me as we both get up. There's a sharp pain in my right shoulder but I'm ignoring it. He's trying to push me around as I throw a punch at him again. Zack finally gets me. I'm on the floor, beaten to a pulp.  

----- 

(author's note)

 👀👀👀

what do yall think's gonna happen?