Chapter 4 - WAKING UP IN HELL

Jake woke up from what felt like some sort of deep sleep. The first thing he felt was the cold, he was so cold, freezing. He sat up feeling dazed and disorientated. He took a few moments to get himself together and examine his surroundings. He realized that he was lying naked on a concrete floor. Naked except for his watch which was still on his wrist. He slowly got to his feet, unsteady at first. He looked around to take in his surroundings. He was inside what could only be described as a concrete box, concrete floor, concrete walls, and concrete ceiling. Not a particularly big space but big enough for one person to move around in. There were no cupboards, no table no chairs, and no bed. It looked like a room or a basement. It was dimly lit, there was a light on the ceiling which was switched on but it was not very bright. He noticed a door high above close to the ceiling, but no stairs leading down. Someone had taken the stairs away. Jake realized quite quickly that this ''room'' had been designed so that anyone trapped inside it could not get out. He went over and stood by the wall. He pressed himself against it and stretched his arms out above his head. Even like this, the distance to the doorway was far too high above him to reach it.

He decided not to panic yet, even though it was hard. He walked around the room and found that there was a sink and a toilet. He tried the taps on the sink and clean water poured out. He tried to flush the toilet, and it flushed. At that moment he felt incredibly thirsty, so he bent down and drank from the tap. He was temporarily delighted to find that the water was fresh tasting and icy cold, refreshing. Temporary relief in this wretched situation.

Deciding he had had enough to drink, he turned the tap off and wiped the water off his mouth with his arm. He tried to remember how he got here. He remembered being in the park and someone coming up and putting a bag over his head. Then he was in the back of a car. He tried to struggle as a man put something over his face which made him pass out. The next thing after that was waking up here.

He was so cold. He hunted around the room again trying to find anything even though he knew there was nothing, just the toilet, and the sink. He would do anything for some blankets or anything to keep warm right now. Suddenly now the panic was beginning to set in as he realized the reality of this situation. He was trapped in this concrete hell, with no way out. What was he supposed to do next? Wait for someone to come? What if no one came? What if they were going to leave him here to die? No, someone had to come eventually right? Suddenly the watch on his wrist felt weirdly comforting, it was the only thing he had left. He remembered his parents giving it to him for his birthday and smiled as he remembered that happy moment.

Surely he had to try and do something, rather than sit and wait here? But what exactly could he do? Maybe he should yell out and see if someone came. But what if they would make them angry? He didn't want to make them angry, not when they had him in such a vulnerable position. He thought to himself what a fucking wimp he was and he wished he had more guts.

Hours passed, hours and hours. He would examine his watch constantly. Minutes felt like hours and hours felt like days. When would someone come? Three times he had to take a pee, the water he drank from the tap caught up with him. Taking a pee seemed oddly enjoyable, it was a distraction of sorts.

Finally, the door opened, but it took him by surprise. The person had crept there quietly giving little warning of their arrival. Jake looked up as a man stood high above him, looking down at him from the doorway. The man was wearing a Donald Trump mask over his face. Why was the bastard hiding his face? Jake was angry but felt he should try and contain it for now anyway.

The man spoke first

''How are you feeling?'' he asked, in a robotic voice that did not contain even a flicker of genuine concern for Jake

''I am cold'' Jake replied ''I don't understand what is going on. Why am I here?

''I want you to have a think about it and see if you can work it out for yourself without me needing to tell you'' the man replied

''Who are you?'' Jake asked

''Again I will let you think about it and work it out for yourself. You will have plenty of time to think, you aren't going anywhere for a long time''

''You can't keep me here like this forever''

''Yes I can''

''Can I have something to eat, please? I'm hungry''

''Not yet, you'll have to make do with water from the sink''

''At least let me have some blankets, please? I am so cold''

The man appeared to think about it for a moment before replying ''No, maybe later if you earn it. Have a think about what you need to do to earn it. I let you keep your wristwatch for a reason, the reason is so that you will constantly be reminded of the time. Time is all you have right now, nothing else but time. Time to think, time to work out why you are here.Time to watch as time passes by. Your watch will be your reminder at all times. Time can seem like forever when you have nothing else to do but think''

Jake suddenly found that he was overcome with rage and couldn't contain it a moment longer ''LET ME OUT OF HERE YOU BASTARD!'' he screamed

''Oh dear me, we won't get very far with that attitude now will we boy!'' the man snarled ''i will leave you to have a little think about your attitude and how you should be talking to me as well. I will return soon and when I do let's see if there is an improvement shall we''

The man closed the door and left. Left alone again, Jake could not believe what was happening. He was being held captive by a man wearing a Donald Trump mask. This was insane, this was scary shit. There had to be a way out of here surely? Jake was shivering, he couldn't bear the cold any longer. He had never felt this cold before. He sat down on the concrete floor and crossed his legs. He wrapped his arms around himself and sat with his back hunched. He looked at his watch again. Time to think? Ok, the man wanted him to think and the man was right, there was nothing else he could do right now but think. So he decided he would obey the man's wishes and think long and hard about why he was here and who the man could be.