Chapter 25 - CHLOE

Chloe was lying out on a sunbed by the pool. It was scorching hot as she tried to ignore all the noise around her and read her book. Her mother and father had gone off on their own for the day and left her to her own devices. She knew they were having a great time and really enjoying the holiday, they both worked hard all year and only got to go away once or twice a year. 

Chloe thought that this would probably be the last time she went on holiday with her parents too, she already felt too old for it and had done her own thing most of the time away from them.

She wasn't really enjoying the holiday anyway, she couldn't stop thinking about Jake. No matter how much she tried all she could think about was Jake back at home trapped in that awful basement. She worried about how the boys would treat him while they were away too. She was fairly confident that Danny would be OK with him, but the other three? She knew Alex, Tony, and Ryan would be cruel to him and all she wanted to do now was go home and check that he was OK. She had brought him a present and she hoped he liked it.

She thought about Jake a lot now, worried about him all the time. She wished her family could just forgive him and let him go. She understood why they felt the way she did, Liam was her brother and she was as devastated as they were by his death. but really what good did it do to punish Jake so badly? It couldn't make a difference. Chloe knew she didn't get any satisfaction out of it but maybe the rest of them did, maybe they just felt happier knowing that Liam's killer was suffering. Well maybe not Danny, he was the only one who seemed to be softening towards Jake, she had noticed it and so had the others.

It was no good, she couldn't concentrate on her book. She had read the same sentence 5 times in a row and decided to give up. She put her book down and spotted a teenage boy looking at her from across the pool. His mother noticed too ''stop staring Darren!'' she cried ''I told you it's very rude to stare at people''

''But she's well fit mum!'' the boy said with a cheeky grin. Feeling uncomfortable Chloe got up and walked away ''Now look what you've done'' the boy's mother said to him ''you scared the poor girl off''

''Maybe I'll chase after her and ask her for a shag!'' the boy said with a smirk ''Oh you rude disgusting boy If you carry on like this I will ground you for a long time when we get home'' his mother said to him

Chloe was walking by the beach when she looked at the sky and realized how beautiful and clear the blue sky was. She thought how awful it must be to only have four walls and a ceiling to stare at. All the little things you take for granted when you are free, she was willing to bet that Jake didn't take them for granted anymore. It was true what they say, you don't know what you've got until it's gone

Later on, Chloe saw Darren again and he was quite good looking she decided. He was staring at her again and this time she decided to talk to him. He showed her a bottle of vodka and suggested it would be a good idea to have a drink, they were on holiday after all so why not have some fun ''we'll we're both too young'' Chloe said anxiously ''don't be such a goody goody'' Darren told her ''let's have fun''

They did have fun, a whole bottle of vodka between them and the pair of them drunk on the beach at sunset, later they had sex without protection and Chloe just knew she was going to regret this