Chapter 41 - SOLDIER

After a long sleep, Jake woke up to find his arm still hurt so much. He also woke to find that someone had left an army uniform in his room. The camouflage that low-ranking soldiers sent to the front line had to wear. How bizarre was this? Why was the uniform here? It reminded Jake that he had spent 6 months in the army doing basic training when he first left school. ''Capture'' they called it, once you signed up you weren't allowed to leave unless they gave you permission or kicked you out, they had kicked Jake out after 6 months for poor behavior and the decision that he wasn't cut out for the army. He had been too rebellious and too argumentative as well as too lazy and sloppy. At first, they punished him with extra training, loss of privileges, and being confined to barracks and kept giving him more chances, but eventually, they wrote him off as a lost cause and kicked him out.

Eventually, Alex and Ryan came to see Jake and explained why the uniform was there ''You are going to be a soldier and you will have army training'' Ryan told him

''What is the point in this?'' Jake asked ''it seems to me like there is no point to it. it's not like I will be joining the army or going to war''

''The point is you have become lazy and unfit'' Alex explained ''Ryan, Tony, and I are going to train you and make you fit. We will also teach you discipline. You will be a good soldier. Now put on your uniform''

Jake put the uniform on. He knew that being Alex, Ryan, and Tony's soldier meant only one thing, he would be tortured and tormented just to amuse them. He had to admit that they did have a point, they were right that he had become unfit and a bit lazy. Well, what did they expect anyway? The monotony of his life as a prisoner made him that way, plus with only one hand everything was harder now and Jake couldn't be bothered to make the extra effort, why should he? He wished he had managed to escape the day when Danny had taken him outside.

Alex and Ryan took Jake outside and made him jog around the garden dozens of times, after that, they made him do press-ups and sit-ups for ages. This was harder with one hand of course. Then they made him hold onto a bar suspended in the air, holding on with one hand. Jake screamed in agony as he hung on ''I CAN'T DO IT, I'M NOT STRONG ENOUGH AND IT KILLS'' he screamed before letting go and falling to the ground.

''WHAT A WEAK SOLDIER YOU ARE'' Alex yelled ''a very bad soldier and now you will be punished'' Alex and Ryan showed Jake a large Rock and told him to hold out his arms, they then put the rock in Jake's arms and told him to stay standing like that with his arms stretched out and the rock balancing in them

''Make sure you do not drop the rock'' Ryan warned him ''we know you only have one hand but you must hold on to your rock until we say you can drop it, you must hold it for 1 hour''

''PLEASE SIR'' Jake screamed, his face screwed up in pain ''THIS IS AGONY MAN, PLEASE''

After 20 minutes Jake couldn't stand it anymore and dropped his rock. ''YOU DICKHEAD'' Alex yelled in a fury ''YOU DISOBEDIENT SOLDIER, YOU WERE GIVEN AN ORDER AND YOU FAILED''

''It was impossible Sir, it hurt too  much''

''OK well now you will do stress positions ok, you will do Murga punishment''

''Murga punishment?'' Jake asked. He had never heard of it before but he was sure it was horrible

''Yes indeed, it is a punishment they use in India, and its painful, and we are going to make you suffer the punishment right now'' Alex told him

''I don't even know it and how to do it''

''We will show you''

They put Jake into his stress position and made him stay like that for 2 hours. They were right, it was a very painful punishment

''YOU'RE A BAD SOLDIER BUT YOU WILL LEARN'' Ryan yelled at Jake