Chapter 40 - 5000 LINES

Jake was in trouble again and he knew it. Yes, Danny had been given most of the blame and had been punished for it, but Jake wasn't expecting to get off punishment free since he never had before now. He had a sleepless night over it and the next morning he felt very anxious

Jake was right in his concerns. The following day Alex took him to see Donald in the study. Donald was sitting behind his desk looking stern and Jake knew a stern telling-off was coming followed by a punishment

''Stand there and stay silent, my dad will now talk to you about yesterday'' Alex told Jake

''We understand that Danny is the one to blame for taking you outside'' Donald said in his calm but threatening voice ''and that's why I punished him last night, he will not be able to sit down for a month after what happened to him''

''Yeah Sir I know'' Jake replied ''I was told by Lorraine that Dan would be thrashed with the strap''

''That's correct and he got what he deserved''

Jake noticed for the first time that the strap was still on the desk and Donald had not bothered to put it away. Jake felt resigned now, he was sure he knew what was coming now, it was his turn with the strap now. Well, he knew it would be something like this so it was not much of a surprise.

Donald noticed Jake looking at the strap and knew what he was thinking ''oh I'm not going to beat you if that's what you're thinking '' he told Jake. Jake was surprised, often he would be given a spanking by Donald or Alex ''you are going to feel pain but this time it's your wrist that's going to be aching very badly by the time you've completed your punishment''

Jake was confused ''my wrist Sir?'' Donald nodded his head and put a bunch of A4-lined Paper and a black biro on the desk ''I heard that you tried to escape yesterday and Danny had to chase you and catch you, is that correct?'' Jake nodded his head reluctantly ''yes Sir, I'm sorry''

''You will be sorry because now you are going to sit at the desk and write out 'i must not try to escape and if I do I will be punished' 5000 times''

Jake was shocked ''5000 lines Sir, that's a lot'' he moaned. Jake remembered getting lines at school, usually, he had got 100 or 200 lines. Sometimes 500 and the most he ever got was 1000 and that had seemed bad enough, but 5000? This was way too many lines and this was going to take ages to write

''I think it's a small number of lines considering the seriousness of the offense'' Alex said to Jake sternly ''trying to escape is probably the most serious offense of the lot''

Jake thought of something else and his heart sank even more ''Sir I can't write anymore, you cut off the hand I used to write with, I can't write with my left hand''

''Yes, you can'' Donald told him ''it will be harder and take longer to do it but you can and you will do it''

''It will proper cane my hand, Sir, my wrist will ache like hell''

''Yes, I told you it would didn't i. You will learn that when I punish you I make sure that the punishments are ones you will not forget in a hurry and the best thing you can do is not do anything that will get you punished. You only have yourself to blame and no one else''

''Sir please'' Jake whined ''this sucks so much, this is shit. Can't I just have the strap instead Sir?''

''No way boy, the strap is the easy way out and I am not giving that to you, not this time''

Jake shook his head in anger ''But 5000 lines Sir? it's insane, it's way too much''

''Are you really complaining and wanting to argue with me? It's brave of you but it's also very foolish. You know that arguing and complaining is never a good idea, but if you really want I can give you more if you want to complain, how about 10,000 lines?''

''No Sir please, I'm sorry Sir. 5000 lines are fine and it fair Sir, I will not complain or argue Sir I swear''

''Good boy, now sit down at the desk and get started. you have a lot of lines to write and you are not allowed to leave this room until you have completed every single line, no food, no water, no toilet breaks until you have reached 5000 lines, understood?''

''Yes Sir'' Jake sat at the desk and was surprised when Alex immediately got out some rope and tied Jake's waist to the chair ''I will only untie you once you have finished the lines'' Alex told him. Jake picked up the pen and started writing the lines with his only remaining hand. It was hard, painful, and slow to write with the hand he didn't write with.

''Oh, and one other thing I need to mention'' Donald told him ''you must keep your writing neat and not make any mistakes. We will be watching you and every time you make a mistake you start that page of lines over again. So, what I mean is if you have written 500 lines and there are 25 lines on the page you made a mistake on the lines are reset to 475 lines, so if you kept making mistakes you would keep having to write many extra lines and it will take a lot longer to complete, understood?''

''Yes Sir'' Jake knew what a nightmare this would be and he knew he was going to make some mistakes. Indeed, he made a mistake on the first page, after the first 30 lines had been written ''Oh dear'' Alex said with his usual smirk ''looks like you have to start from 1 all over again now''

It was many hours before Jake finally got to 5000, with a number of mistakes and resets along the way. He was finally untied from the chair. He was very tired, his eyes ached, his head ached, his arm aching like hell, his belly empty, his mouth dry and his bladder about to burst. Yes the strap would have been far quicker and easier, Danny had been the lucky one