Chapter 20 - FIGHT

Over the next day or so the three men continued to taunt Jake for their own amusement. They refused to feed him and kept him in the basement most of the time. coming by to tease him every now and again. On day 4, Jake wished there wasn't still another 3 days to wait for the others to return, he really had had enough now. He was brought up from the basement and taken to the garden to do gardening. Once there the others threw dirt and stones at him while he worked He tried to ignore it but it was relentless. Ryan got into his face and goaded him over and over until at last he snapped and punched him in the face.

Ryan and the others were stunned by this. Jake had never been so brave, or foolish, to fight back like this until now.

''So it wants to fight back does it?'' said an angry Ryan. ''it wants to fight does it?''

Jake shook his head

''I reckon it should have a fight if it wants one'' said Tony ''fight it, Ryan, see who the winner is. If you win then Jake gets punished for .losing....''

''And if Jake wins, what happens then?''

''He won't win will he'' chuckled Alex. ''But if he does win he will still be punished anyway!''

''Sounds good to me'' Ryan exclaimed

''I don't want to fight you'' Jake told them

''Too bad, you started it when you threw the first punch, now you've got a fight with Ryan whether you like it or not''

This was being done for pure amusement on their part, this was obvious to Jake. They all knew he had no chance of beating Ryan in the fight, no chance whatsoever. They were going to watch Ryan beat him up for fun

Sure enough, while Jake put up a good effort, he could not beat Ryan. Ryan gave him a severe pasting and left him sprawled out on the grass. The men left him sprawled out in the sun for a few hours and he got burnt again. Finally, they ordered him to his feet and told him his punishment for fighting would be to spend the next three days in the basement in the dark with no food. He was taken back to the basement, it was a painful walk for him after such a bad beating.

Once back in the basement the three of them stood above looking down at him

''See you in three days' time kid'' Alex said before switching the light off and plunging the basement into total darkness. This reminded Jake of the time early on when Sir had done the same thing when he had ordered Jake to kneel facing the wall. Three days of darkness stretched out ahead of him. Jake lay down in the darkness knowing that time would crawl by slowly again. His only escape would be sleeping and dreaming.