Chapter 45 -JAKE AND CHLOE

''You bastard'' Danny said to Alex ''How could you do this?''

Alex was totally without remorse and as cocky as ever ''Oh it was quite easy really'' he said ''Mandy is a very beautiful young lady so it was easy for me to be attracted to her''

''I meant how could you do this knowing that I love her so much? How can you do it to your own brother?''

Alex shrugged ''Face it, bro, I'm better than you and I always have been, when I want something I have it and I don't care as long as I'm happy''

Danny was tempted to use the gun to shoot Alex. He felt so angry and hurt that his brother could do this. He knew what a bastard he was but this time he had really gone too far. Danny looked at Mandy, she seemed cocky and unrepentant too so he figured at least they made a good couple ''I'm with Alex now and you're dumped'' Mandy told him coldly ''I will marry Alex now, j prefer him to you, you are boring and Alex is a lot more fun!''

''I'll leave you both to it then'' Danny said lamely. He wanted to scream and shout and cry and kill them both but what was the point really? The two of them laughed while Danny left the room quietly.

Later that evening Danny wanted to talk to his sister about it. He knew that Chloe would offer a shoulder to cry on. But Chloe was busy having another argument with Lorraine and Donald about the baby

''YOU WILL NOT KEEP THE BABY THAT'S FINAL!'' Lorraine yelled at her

''Please Dad tell her to be reasonable'' Chloe said to her father

''Oh, I agree with your mother on this'' he replied firmly

''DAMN YOU BOTH! I WANT TO KEEP THE BABY AND ITS MY DECISION! Chloe stormed out of the room. She had made a decision

ONE WEEK EARLIER......It had just happened, entirely unplanned. Chloe and Jake had finally admitted how they felt about each other and they had kissed each other''I think I've fallen in love with you'' Jake had told her ''ever since the first day I saw you when Donald and Danny brought me up to the lounge to meet you. I knew you were different from the others, kinder. I knew you were on my side...and you are so beautiful I have to admit I have had many boners when I'm with you and I tried to hide them''Chloe giggled ''oh I saw your boners Jake trust me, I always noticed them''They kissed again and sat holding each other. 'I think I fell in love with you straight away too'' Chloe said while stroking Jake's hair ''you looked so scared when I first saw you, scared but adorable. I knew right away you were a nice boy who had made a horrible mistake. I could never hate you the way Alex and my parents do''Chloe took Jake into the garden and they sat in the sunshine. Donald and Lorraine were in the house somewhere but they were leaving Jake and Chloe by themselves and they could relax a bit because Alex, Ryan, and Tony were not there. Chloe made them some lunch to eat and while Chloe's back was turned Jake picked some flowers from the flower beds and held them behind his back'' I have a surprise for you'' he told her before showing her the flowers ''You're so cute'' she said and, making sure Donald and Lorraine were not nearby, she hugged him ''I love you and I love being with you'' she told him ''same'' Jake replied and he knew he was getting a boner again and Chloe felt his boner too and it felt good, she realized she really wanted to make love with Jake. ''What are we going to do Chloe?'' Jake asked fearfully ''This is like fucking Romeo and Juliet or something, your parents and Alex would never let us be together if they knew about it''''Well we have to be careful and if we are, they won't find out''''But what if they do Chloe? they will punish us both''''I want to be with you Jake and I don't care about any of them. The only decent one is Danny I hate the others. I hate what they did to you and I hate how they push me about and make decisions about my life. They want me to have the baby adopted out you know....'''' Yeah I know, I've heard the arguments''''Yeah well I don't want to have it adopted, it is my baby and my choice. i am old enough to live my own life without being dictated to by them''''But they are so controlling. How will you keep it and how will we be together? It's impossible'' Chloe had an idea in her head but she kept it to herself and didn't tell Jake......

......Back in the present moment and Chloe had made up her mind. Her idea was a good one and it was the only answer to their problems and now it was time to share it with Jake. It was the only way she could break free from her controlling family and the only way she and Jake could be together and Jake could be free at last. Chloe packed her bags and waited until the others had gone to bed. It was nearly midnight and silent and pitch dark in the house as Chloe left her room and crept along the landing. The light was on in Alex's room and she could hear music and he was talking to someone, to a girl? He had yet another new girlfriend? Oh well, she didn't care anyway. what Alex did was his own business and she was leaving forever. She crept downstairs to the basement to get Jake.

The basement was dark, cold, and creepy in the dead of night. Chloe wondered how Jake coped with this, he was a tough young man to handle this without going crazy. she also knew he had some company down here at night, there were rats about. She hated rats, the thought of sleeping in the dark with rats moving about nearby made her shudder. Chloe put the light on and saw a rat scurrying away. She went down and woke Jake up

''Chloe? Why are you here?'' He asked her ''it's great to see you but it's risky coming here at this time? what if they see you, they will want to know why you are with me in the middle of the night?''

''Jake get dressed, I've worked out the solution to our problems. We're leaving tonight, together we will run away and we will be free' 'Jake was stunned but excited ''Are you sure you want to do this?'' he asked ''Oh yes, I am completely sure'' she told him ''come on we have to go now, we have to be careful and quiet but we can do this Jake, I know we can. By the time the others wake up in the morning, we'll be miles away and maybe we can go overseas and they will never find us''

Jake started to get dressed ''I love you so much Chloe'' he said ''I love you too'' she told him ''it's the two of us that matter now, the rest of them can go to hell''