Chapter 32: Us Against The World

Chapter 32
Us Against The World

We lay still, holding each other, feeling each other, and it's the best feeling ever. All of the sadness, the pain, the bad memories, they have been thrown out of the window when Dale wraps his strong arms around me, his lips landing on my temple. I let out a satisfied and contentment sigh.

Dale never speaks, never utters a word, and neither am I. There's a comfortable silence looming over us, and words are not necessary as of this moment. We just like the comfort of what each other brings.

My head rests on his chest, and I feel and hear the erratic beat of his heart, pounding against his ribcage, synching with mine. I shut my eyes, savoring the feeling, wishing that this is not a dream. That's what I feel – I feel like I'm in Heaven, in my own dream, and when I open my eyes and meet his, I know that this isn't. This is reality. He loves me, and I love him, we made everything clear. And that's something I will keep forever in my heart, in my head. It's going to be part of me, part of who I am, part of who I will become in the future.

His fingertips lightly brush, running up and drown, slowly and gently, my naked back while my index finger runs circle around his chest where I feel the beat of his heart against my fingertip. He plants another kiss on my temple, which causes me to sigh. I catch a scent of him – a combination of his manliness, his natural scent, and apple, and of course, the strong stench of sex. Just smelling those odd combinations, but they mix well, send shiver down my spine and I just want to bury my face in his chest, sniff him all day as though I'm a pet dog that is curious of smelling everything, or every inch of his master. I could do that. I could admire him, be his slave, or anything, with an exchange of a deal of him not leaving me again. That's how selfish I am.

"My parents are going to kill me for skipping school," I mutter against his chest and he chuckles, making his chest vibrate and I swear it's the sexiest chuckle ever. If there were any competitions, titled Who Has The Sexiest Chuckle Ever, he could win that award. And he would be able to keep that award for almost forever. "But it will be worth it."

He flips us around, so he's on top of me now. "But I won't let them," he whispers, his voice has become low and seductive. His lips curl up, and I roll my eyes at him playfully. What a great view he is on top of me, I think. Dale leans down, plants a soft kiss on my lips that makes me want for more, crave for more. Then he kisses my cheeks, then the tip of my nose, then my forehead, then the lid of my eyes, then back to my lips. "I want to cherish life with you, you know. And you being dead will definitely not fulfill that dream of mine."

"Cheesy," I tease him. "But you're hot, so it's fine."

"Yeah? You admit I'm hot?" he grins evilly, then leans down again. Our chest is now almost touching. Just almost. But it's enough to set me up on fire.

Rolling my eyes again, I push him, putting my palms on his chest and pushing him back with as much force I can put into arms, but he doesn't budge, and I feel weak. That's because he's there, in front of me, on top of me, looking Godly and all. He's my weakness, my happiness, my world, my life. He's my everything. As cheesy as it sounds, it's the truth. "Yes, yes you are." I admit, grinning up at him.

"Well, because of that, we deserve another round," Dale wiggles his brows suggestively, and I laugh. Then he dives into the cover, dragging me and I laugh out loud.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask him, my voice laced with uncomfortableness.

I didn't expect that he's really sure of this. When we got out of the bed, after fooling around for the second time (and that was a few minutes after we have done the deed), he blurted out to me that he wanted the people, the students, the world to see us a couple. I actually laughed at that, because I knew, deep in my heart, at the pit of my stomach, that he wasn't really ready. But he was being serious – he said it to me with conviction, with a determined voice, and that's when I realized that he wasn't really joking. The whole day I've tried to convince him that we've got time, and coming out of the school, letting people know that he's in love with me, is not really a good idea. But he just shrugged, told me about what Gloss told him and his brother told him, and that his mind was set.