S

● DON'T LEAVE ME ●

• C H A N Y E O L •

"The doctor said that she has a heart cancer," I started as I speak to the others outside of Sooyeon's room, leaving Baek inside.

"What?" The maknae line reacted while the others just kept quiet.

"How come she was diagnosed with a heart cancer when we didn't notice the symptoms of it?" Jongdae asked. Right. Why didn't I asked that to the doctor a while ago?

"I.. don't know either," the only words that came out of my mouth.

"Is he telling the truth?" Kyungsoo asked and I just shrugged because me either didn't notice the symptoms of her disease.

"Why didn't you asked him a while ago?" Junmyeon hyung asked but I just lowered my head.

Jongin suddenly pulled me away from them.

"Yah, eodiga?" I heard Minseok hyung asked but Jongin didn't have the guts to answer him back. Aish. Where will this kid bring me?

Suddenly, we stopped in front of a door. Not just any door but the door of the office of the doctor who diagnosed Sooyeon a while ago.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him. He then faced me with an expressionless face and gestured to come in.

"We need to ask him if his diagnose is true." And after that sentence, he knocked and opened the door, still with politeness.

"How may I help you?" The doctor asked as he averted his gaze on us away from the papers on his desk.

"Can you please make it clear to us?" Jongin said straight forwardly. The doctor didn't answer and Jongin continued.

"Does Sooyeon really has a heart cancer?" As the doctor heard that, he sat properly and intertwined his hands on top of his desk.

"Did you already told them?" He asked and I'm sure that he is talking to me so I nodded.

"For your question, young man, yes she ha--"

"But how come we didn't saw any symptoms of it?!" Jongin couldn't take it anymore and shouted at him. I calmed him down because if not, he might be someone I don't know.

"About that, maybe you really didn't notice it, especially when she's having a bond with you all," he said.

"What? We couldn't get you," I said.

"You won't be noticing the symptoms especially when you're having a great time with her." And after that, both of us stayed quiet.

"Does she often go to her pedia?" He asked. I shook my head. She didn't even goes out of the house unless she's with someone.

"You might didn't notice that either. Did you ask her about her health?" I shook my head once again.

"I did," Jongin answered. "But she's answering me with a smile or telling me that she's fine," he continued.

"I'm amazed that she's a strong girl," the doctor praised.

"How would you know about the symptoms of her disease when she doesn't want you to?" What?

"Please make it clearer," I asked politely.

"Why would she let you know about her disease when in the first place she doesn't want you to?" And there, I froze.

"So she kept it to herself this whole time?" Jongin muttered and the doctor just shrugged.

"We may not know but I think it's a yes. Especially when you don't know her pedia," he said mysteriously. Wait, what?

"What are you talking about? We have the same pedia," I said confusingly.

"As you can see, how did I knew that she kept it to herself when in the first place all of you doesn't know me?" Is he telling us that..

"Are you the pedia you are talking about this whole time?" Jongin asked before I could.

He then smiled at us, a sad one, and nodded. "Yes, I am."

~~~

• B A E K H Y U N •

Why isn't she waking up until now? It's already been hours.

I didn't left her side and held her hand this whole time. I want that I'll be the one who she'll be seeing at the time she wakes up.

The others didn't stayed until tonight because it's a school day tomorrow. But they told me that they'll come visit when their free.

*Please play the song as you read after this thankie ♡*

"Hey," I called her.

"Can you hear me? I hope so," I said and held her beautiful face with an oxygen placed on her nose.

"You'll wake up soon right? The doctor said that you'll only be asleep for hours but it's already night time."

"Please wake up immediately. I miss your voice. I miss your sweet calling of my name." I held her hand tightly.

"If you leave me tonight, I wake up alone," I sang quietly.

"Don't tell me I will make it on my own." Please don't because I can't.

"Don't leave me tonight. This heart of stone, will sing 'til it dies," I may have a heart stone for other people but not to you. I will be soft especially when it's you.

"If you leave me tonight," and there, a tear fell on my eye.

"Please don't. I can't," I whispered quietly as I cry.

"Michin-ah. Please wake up now." As I cry quietly, I felt someone's tap on my shoulder. I looked at my back just to find Chanyeol.

"She will wake up, don't worry. It might not be today. But maybe tomorrow she will," he assured.

"I hope so," I replied quietly.

"Be strong Baek. She needs our support especially right now." I just nodded and brought her hand I'm holding closer to my lips.

"She'll be hearing you. She'll be hearing everything you'll say to her," Chanyeol said.

"I hope she could really hear me," I said. "And answer me back," I continued.

"She will. When she woke up." He patted my shoulder once again and gave me a sad smile.

"Only 5 hours had passed since her accident. She might wake up soon. Just pray." Are the words he left before going outside.

"I hope you'll wake up soon. I already miss you," I said.

"I love you my Juliet. Until the end of the universe."

※※※