※ K I M J O N G I N ※

● BEHIND OF EVERYTHING ●

• J O N G I N •

7 months ago...

I accidentally passed by Sooyeon's room and the door was slightly opened. I heard muffled sounds inside. My brows knitted in one because it's unusual to hear something like that in her room.

I then heard something fell on the floor. Sooyeon kept coughing and coughing. I didn't hesitate to enter her room to check if she's alright.

I found her doing something on her study table, her back was facing me. She seemed like holding something on her chest. Am i wrong with what I heard earlier?

"Sooyeon?" I called her. She stiffened and her hand fell and she slowly turned to me, asking why I was suddenly there but I didn't answer her. I saw her close her drawer below her study table. She's hiding something.

"I thought I.." I sighed. "Never mind. Are you alright?" I thought I saw a glimpse of shock from her eyes but when I blinked, there's a sincere look on her. Maybe I was just seeing things.

She smiled at me weakly, and nodded her head. "Of course I'm just fine. How will I not be fine?" I was about to tell her that dinner's ready but she suddenly got hold of the study table behind her. What's happening to her?

As adrenaline rushed through me, I assisted her and asked her what's wrong. She seemed like taking everything just to herself.

"I-I'm fine. Please l-leave... Jong-in.." she mumbled as her eyes were still closed. Her hand clutched her chest while breathing deeply and heavily. But as a stubborn man, I insisted and made our way to her bed. I let her seat there first. I looked for something that might ease her and saw a glass of water on her table. I took it and let her drink some before asking her again what's wrong.

"I said I'm fine Jongin. It's just stress and tiredness that's all," she answered coldly after finishing her drink. Okay, I now made her turn to the Sooyeon I made 4 years ago. I heaved a sigh.

"If you need somebody to open up about things, I'm just here, okay? I know that we have a past before but I know you've already moved on fro-" she cut me off. "Yes. Jongin. So please. Can you leave now?" I see pleading in her eyes. I sighed once again and nodded.

Before I close the door behind me, I told her something. "Dinner's ready. Come down whenever you're done."

~~~

A month after...

I saw Sehun enter the kitchen where Sooyeon was. I think he was bored because it's a Sunday today. I just shook my head with a smile and also stood up to go to the dining.

As I was about to enter, Sehun was already going out. We just greeted each other with a nod and we already parted ways. I went straight to the fridge to get some water. I think Sooyeon didn't notice me, well I can't blame her because there's a wall dividing the dining and the kitchen. There's only one way to go to the dining room and that's by going through the kitchen first. But there's a window in the middle of the wall so you'll still be seeing the kitchen from the dining room.

While I was putting some water on my glass, I saw Sooyeon on the corner of my eye. She looked like stumbled, I think? She looks like a bit dizzy. What's happening to her?

I left the pitcher and glass on the table and was about to go to her but she already left because she's already done cooking our lunch. I'm too late.