O

● CARNATIONS ●

• B A E K H Y U N •

"A bouquet of these flowers please," I said to the ahjumma who is the owner of the flower shop at the mall, pointing at the light pink carnations.

"To whom will you be giving these?" The ahjumma asked me with a smile.

"To my girlfriend," I answered but her smile disappeared after I said that.

"Why? Did something happen? Or is there something that will happen that's why you're giving her these?" She asked but I just looked at her, confused.

"Nothing happened and nothing will happen. Waeyo?" I asked. She looked at me straight to my eyes while handing over the bouquet I ordered.

"I thought she had forgotten you that's why you're giving these to her. Thank goodness nothing happened like that," I was taken a back when she muttered those words.

"I-its not like that," I said and laughed awkwardly. I paid and thanked her for the bouquet. But before I could even make a step to go back to Sooyeon, she held my arm to stop me and told me something.

"The reason why I thought something bad happened is that these flowers means that you'll be remembering them. I thought she had forgotten you so you'll be giving her these and you're trying to tell her that you'll still remember her even though she can't remember you at all," she said and I had a goosebumps because of the words she said.

"K-kamsahamnida," I said and walked away from that shop. How could she know what I'll be doing to the flowers and why am I giving this to her? Ah molla.

What else do I need to buy? Ah!

I went back to my car and started driving going to a place where I could buy her favorite.

~~~

• C H A N Y E O L •

"She's fine now. She recovered faster than I expected. I think she is a very strong woman despite that she has a very serious disease," the doctor said after she finished checking Sooyeon. Its been three days since she woke up. And its really amazing that she recovered that fast.

"Can we take her home now, doc?" I asked and he crossed his arms.

"Yes you may. But because of her disease, you'll still be always here at the hospital. So for her not to be exhausted, I suggest you just stay here at the hospital for other tests about her disease so that we could start her chemo as soon as possible so that the cancer cells won't reach up to her brain," he said and I just nodded.

I thanked him and he went out of the room after. Haist. You're really incredible Sooyeon.

"Oppa, can I ask you something?" Sooyeon asked as I walk near her.

"Anything. What is it?"

"Who is the guy beside me when I woke up last... 3 days? Or 4? I'm not sure," I read her facial expression if she could maybe remember already Baekhyun but all I can see on her face is curiosity and innocence.

"Why? Are you interested who is that person?" I asked back and she hesitantly nod.

"Well, he's my long time best friend," I answered but she just gave me a confused look.

"I thought you don't have any friends, especially best friend?" She asked back then suddenly she held onto her head.

"Let's not talk about it first. Here," I gave her the pain relievers the doctor prescribed to lessen the pain of her head.