O

● MOM ●

• J I N H E E •

"About what you've said earlier," Sehun started off as were on our way to the hospital.

"Oh, the thing about her disease?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll just tell you later. It's more convenient when I'll be telling you with the others." He just heaved a sigh and focused on the road.

Why isn't she waking up until now? As I remember, she just fell from the stairs. Is it that serious? Plus, she has a disease where it is very rare so the only way to treat it is by chemo. But that's too crucial for a college student right? She won't be able to enjoy her life as a college student anymore, if that will happen.

"Hey, we're here." I came back to reality when Sehun poked my cheeks. Oh. I was too immersed with my thoughts.

"What are you thinking on our way here?" He asked as soon as we got out of his car.

"Sooyeon," I simply answered. Well, we became close since I was working at the café for.. 2 weeks? Yeah. That might be the date.

As we walk by the hallway where her room was, I saw someone seated outside of her room.

"Hyung. What are you doing there?" I heard Sehun asked the guy. Hyung? So he knows him?

"I just don't like it inside," the guy casually said to Sehun but you'll be noticing his eye bags hanging under his eyes.

"Get some sleep okay? Have you eaten yet?" Sehun asked him but he just shook his head.

"Why don't you eat? Sooyeon will be nagging at you if she knew what you were doing to yourself," Sehun told him but he just heaved a sigh. Suddenly, he adverted his gaze on me and I just raised my hand as a hello.

"Oh right. Jinhee this is Chanyeol hyung. Noona's brother. Hyung, Jinhee. My girl," I just slapped his arm because of what kind of introduction he did.

"I'm not your girl duh." I then faced Chanyeol and smiled at him. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Sooyeon's friend and I'm being courted by Sehun," I introduced.

"Chanyeol," he said and smiled at me also but I know that he's only trying his best to smile at me even though he's having a hard time right now.

"We'll just go inside first," Sehun said and he just nodded.

As we went in, I saw a woman who is in her 40's and a man also in his 40's.

"Eommonie," Sehun muttered. Then the woman turned her head to our direction and just gave us a sad smile. She may be Sooyeon's mother based on her looks because they really look the same.

"When did you went home?" Sehun asked and bowed to her.

"Just a while ago," she answered. She then adverted her gaze to Sooyeon who is still asleep until now.

"My dear," she whispered and I saw a tear fell from her eye.

"What happened to her?" she asked Baek who is seated at the other side of Sooyeon, holding her hand.

"She fell from the stairs," the guy with a flawless face answered rather than Baek.

"How did it happen?" The old man asked. I think he's Sooyeon's father based on his eyes because they have the same shape of eyes.

"She running from her room and suddenly, we heard Jongdae screamed her name and when we saw her, her head is already full of her own blood," he answered again.

"And--" before Sehun could finish his sentence, a guy with tanned skin stopped him by patting his shoulder and shook his head on him but not that too noticeable.

"What is it, Sehun?" The woman asked him but Sehun just lowered and shook his head. I think they didn't want to open up about her disease.

"Thank you for staying with my children while we were out of the country," the old man thanked the boys and they just replied him a smile.

"Sooyeon?" Baek suddenly said and pressed the button where its the alarm for the nurses and the doctor to check on her.

"You'll wake up soon right? Your hand moved. It means you're going to wake up," Baek exclaimed while talking to Sooyeon.

"Dear? Dear?" The woman also held the other hand of Sooyeon and cried a river. Suddenly, a tear escaped my eye.

I missed my mom. I excused myself first and went out of that room. I thought I'll be suffocated in there.

I sat beside Chanyeol but he stood up as he saw the nurses and the doctor coming towards Sooyeon's room.

I lowered my head as I remember the last time I saw my mom.

"Eomma. Eomma you can make it. Hold on tight, okay?" I said to her, not minding my tears flowing down.

"Jinhee-yah," she called me with a smile but I didn't replied to her.

"Shh," she then wiped the tears that are falling from my eyes.

"Eomma will sleep first okay? I'm already exhausted," she told me but I shook my head and stopped her.

"Eomma don't sleep please. Don't leave me. I can't. Please," I cried again and hugged her tightly. Then I felt her patting my back.

"It will be fine, my child. Eomma needs to rest," she whispered but I keep on shaking my head.

"Eomma please, don't," I cried again.

"I won't leave you. I'll stay wth you forever and that's our promise right? And I will love you today until forever," she said as she keeps on patting my back.

"I love you too, eomma," I whispered. And suddenly, I heard her heaved a sigh very deep. And there, her hand which is patting my back, fell.

And that was the time where my whole world stopped spinning.

"Eomma? Eomma?" I called her and shook her a little bit to wake her up but no use.

I pulled away from our hug and there, I saw my mom peacefully sleeping with a small smile on her face.

"Eomma," I whispered as my tears fall down.

"Hey," I heard someone called me and sat beside me. I wiped my tears in case this someone might see me crying.

After that, I put my head up to look who sat beside me, and I found Sehun looking at me worriedly.

"Hey milk," I said and smiled at him. He didn't talked but just stared at me.

Suddenly, he hugged me tightly. And I don't know why but I felt secured in his arms. And before I could know it, my tears fell like a river again.

"Everything will be fine," he whispered. I hope so.

※※※