♕ | memories

A/N: okay this chapter is in third person just so you know :b
———

     Ryan's little ears perked right up, and he watched the two humans from where he was laying atop a warm rock. He stuck his nose up in the air, flicking his tail back and fourth. He hopped off of his rock, trotting along in the direction of the people, making sure he wasn't visible to their mortal eyes.

     "Why the fuck do you like it out here?" A woman snit. She looked unhappy, and mean, too, Ryan decided. Short, he noted. She had a face full of makeup, and she was definitely trying too hard to make it seem like she had any curves.

     The guy with her, he was tall, and he seemed content being in the woods. "I thought..- I dunno, I just figured it'd be a nice idea, y'know?" He tried to reason, frowning a little.

     It was a depressing sight, the fox noted. The poor guy genuinely seemed to think that mean woman he was with would like a quiet date. She looked like she should have been working the strip clubs, though. The guy seemed like a sweetheart, but he was trying to force himself to impress that girl, who wasn't by any means worth his time.

     "Why couldn't we have gone somewhere else? Somewhere nicer. It's cold out, and I'm going to ruin my new shoes!" The mean lady sneered.

     Scowling, Ryan shifted into his human form and plucked a few wild huckleberries from the bush beside him, chucking one at the poor guy's awful date.

     It was amusing to watch her stomp around trying to see who was throwing things at her, but Ryan kept himself well hidden. He even saw the tall man with that woman stifle a giggle- it was nice to see him at least a little happy.

     Ryan recognized him, then. He worked at the library and he usually came out to read on his breaks.

     He was more than happy to see the ditzy wannabe stripper eventually stomp off, and as upset as the librarian had seemed at first to have lost his date, he eventually lightened up a bit and found somewhere to sit for awhile. He didn't have his book with him, but he seemed at peace.

     After a few minutes, he tipped his head back with a small chuckle, saying, "I must have someone watching out for me."

     Ryan lit up at that.

A/N: short filler :b