♕ || dimensions

A/N: this story is going to end soon- a few more chapters, i dunno. and it may or may not mindfuck all of you to high hell depending on how i play it. anyway. that being said, i have a plot for a new fic in mind, but i'm struggling for a ship idea. recommendations?

it's going to be sort of like Raindrops On Roses in the fluffy realism aspect. (before anyone asks, i did want to republish that, but the draft got deleted. thanks, wattpad.) except not the amputee concept. something else. comment ships you wanna see :b

AND NONE OF THAT CRAZY SHIT.
—————

I wanted to be alone.

Ryan was laying on my chest, looking comfortable. And I'm not complaining, not at all. I love to have him close, and I appreciate his company in general. I've been playing with his hair for nearly two hours, and he's just been dozing on and off. It's pretty cute, I think.

Whenever he'd open his eyes and peek up at me, I examined the colour. The emerald green of his eyes. Bright, bright eyes- like rhinestones or sunsets over the forest. Eye colour is something I like to file away. When I think of people, I like to remember their eyes.

Like how Ricky's eyes are clear summer sky blue. Devin's eyes never really stay the same, but steely grey is pretty common I guess. Vinny's eyes, green; but not like Ryan's. Deep, forest green. Not forest sunset green, just.. forest. Dark and captivating, I'd say.

Ryan's tail curled over against my hip, and I closed my eyes. It was nice to be home. It wasn't nice to have a weird shapeshifting monstrosity in my home.

Ashley had stuck a cap of vanilla in the oven to get rid of the weird burnt toast smell, which had been a result of trying to get memories from the shifter and failing pretty miserably. I think Mags fried it; literally. I dunno where or what it is now, probably a bottle of dust or something that Ashley wanted to put on a shelf back at her place.

But the vanilla smelled nice. For once, I felt almost- key word, almost,- comfortable. Almost calm. It was an eye of the storm sort of feeling, knowing that something awful could happen any minute now. None of us would really see it coming.

Well, maybe I would. I'm not too sure, honestly.

Nothing was really making sense anymore, and Barnabas had freaked me the fuck out. Part of me wanted things to go back to normal. When I was just a librarian. And Ricky wasn't a demon. And Vinny didn't almost die.

I guess I just want everything to be okay. But going back to normal would mean life without Ryan, and I'm not sure I could deal with that.

Ashley was sat in the armchair across from the couch, Mags having opted to sit on the floor so Ashley could have the chair. "You seem off.." He spoke up, resting his head against the arm of the chair. "If something's wrong, just remember that there are countless other dimensions with alternate realities and you're happy in at least a few of them. I don't recall speaking to you in any other dimensions, but I do remember seeing you in a few. You don't always end up with Ryan, but you were happy. Your friend saved the world in one- the demon. He.. wasn't a demon there, but still. Your boyfriend in that dimension- can't say who, I'm sure that wouldn't be good- was blind for a long time." He said.

     I peered over. "Not forever?"

     "No," Mags went on. "He got his sight back and was quite ecstatic to see your face for the first time. Whenever you're upset, just think about the other dimensions you're happy in. You can't be happy in all of them," he said.

     I guess that made sense, too.