♕ | actions

Needless to say, Ricky was far from pleased to learn about Spencer's suicide attempt. The conversation was over as soon as it started, honestly. I guess, though, that I wasn't the only one who didn't know Mike was married. I'm willing to bet I was the first to know.

     "How long has that been going on?" Ricky asked, thumbing through an old book. "How long have we been married, or just how long we've been together?" Mike asked. Ricky glanced up from his book. "Both?" He shrugged.

     Mike was running his fingers through Spencer's hair absentmindedly, the demon fast asleep (again). "We've been married since around 2013, but we've only been together since 2015." He said. I shifted to get a better grip on Ryan, who was still in my arms. "How's that work?" I asked before Ricky had time to.

     Sighing, Mike shrugged. "Spence was kind of here in.. let's just call it a way that isn't- wasn't,- exactly legal. If he got married, no one from the Underworld could legally force him to go back."

     Ricky didn't look up as he spoke, his voice a calm monotone. "That doesn't sound like you at all. Helping someone you didn't care about. The first two years of your marriage meant nothing," He noted, "You didn't love him then all. So, why?"

     I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious myself. Mike's eyes, in spite of not being red like Ricky's or Spencer's could be, were a bright green. "You," he said to Ricky, "don't seem to know much about the side of Hell you weren't born on. I'm not from there; I only know what Spencer told me, and I only believed it because of his actions.

     You know, I've never seen anyone so distraught. I wasn't going to just let them drag him back there to do fuck only knows what to him. No one could ever look so terrified without a real reason."

     And suddenly, there was that feeling again. The same one I'd gotten before seeing Spencer's memories. This time, I was seeing through Mike's eyes, and the memory ran a whole lot smoother than Spencer's had. Less traumatic, I'd assume.

     "No, no-" Spencer was putting up quite a fight against a couple of men who had to be demons. "I'm not going back there. Never in a million fucking years. Let me go, dammit." It was almost comical, seeing someone who looked so small thinking he had a chance at fending off two guys who were a hell of a lot bigger than him. The funny part was that Spencer wasn't even short, per se. 5'10 wasn't really short..

     Mike had realized how banged up he was, though, and apparently, got sick of doing nothing. He could tell Spencer was a demon from the moment he saw him.

     I felt dizzy, then, setting Ryan down gently and leaning back against the wall, closing my eyes.

     Mike couldn't stand there and do nothing any longer. He was almost thinking they would have killed Spencer then and there if he hadn't stepped in, speaking in an accusatory, angered tone. "Excuse me, gentlemen, but what is all this about?" He asked, "I'd like my husband to stay in one piece. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, you can't do shit to him."

     "Husband?" One of the demons snarled.

     Spencer looked pale, but he didn't say anything. Thank fuck, Mike had thought, that he didn't blow it.

     I bit my tongue. I felt like I was on fire, at this point. Ricky was eyeing me curiously, frowning. He said something, but I somehow didn't hear him.

     "What's your name?" Mike asked, looking down at the demon. Spencer had sunk down to his knees, wincing. He looked up, and Mike pursed his lips. His eyes were.. light.. for a demon.

     "It's Spencer.."

     I was thankful for setting Ryan down, then, because the floor came rushing up at me- or, rather, I fell right the fuck down,
blacking out.

A/N: for anyone who doesn't listen to INK, this is Spencer;