♕ | broken

My head was killing me. You never expect shitty things to happen so fast and hit you so damn hard. Well, I don't, at least. Ryan and I just saw Spencer less than two hours ago, but now Ricky is pacing and cussing and slamming shit around because apparently, and these are Ricky's words not mine, "this is what happens when people find out about us; we get hurt."

     I don't know what happened. I don't know if I want to. I don't know what could have happened to Spencer- someone that Ricky barely knows,- to get him so worked up.

     "What's happened?" I asked. Ricky's eyes were like fire, and for a split second, I thought I was looking into the eyes if the Devil himself. Ricky looked away, and I'm guessing it was because he knew I was freaked out. "Angels happened." He said bluntly. "You want to see what angels really do? I'll bet you expect them to be nice, don't you? All humans do," He nearly whispered. "Stay here, or come with me." He said.

     I followed after him, Ryan trailing close behind me. "Where is it, exactly, that we're going?" I inquired.

     He sighed. "Well, this is Ashley's division. His responsibility. So, we're going to see her. She's a witch like Devin.. She's in charge of Pennsylvania, New York, pretty much any East Cost states." He explained, "Mostly Pennsylvania. She has other witches that look after the other places- she likes it here. Anyway," He said, tugging Ryan and I down an alley and taking something out of his pocket. "Sorry," He said.

     "For what?" I asked. He grabbed my hand and cut it, using my blood to draw something on the wall. "I need human blood." He said bluntly, pressing the palm of my hand to the wall.

     I'm going to take a wild guess and say that was some sort of portal. Whatever it was made me feel like I got turned inside out and dragged down the highway, but it only lasted a couple of seconds, and before I could register the rest, Ricky, Ryan and I were in a dark room with high ceilings, the only lighting being the candles in the chandelier overhead.

     "Welcome to Limbo," Ricky said, rolling his eyes. Ryan hugged my arm, and Ricky spoke up again, calling, "Ashley? It's Ricky Olson. I'm looking for-" "Spencer," someone said dismissively as she strode across the room toward us. Ashley, I assume, was a rather short woman. Her hair was split, black on one side and red on the other, and her pale skin made her look like a ghost in the dark. "I figured. You know," She said, seeming unfazed by my presence, and Ryan's. "It takes a lot to scare a fear demon half to death. He wont talk to me, but you're welcome to try and get something out of him. I couldn't heal his wounds.." 

     Ricky opened his mouth to speak, but Ashley cut him off as she lead us down a long hallway. "You know, dear, this entire angel snafu has got your Spencer in quite a tizzy! Poor thing is such a mess, but whatever angel did this to him was something I've never dealt with. He's broken beyond my repair," She frowned, opening a door with a flick of her wrist.

     I've never seen Ricky look so.. nauseated. He looked like he was going to be sick. He set his jaw, though. "Spencer," He said. I would have expected his voice to come out harsh- rough- like himself. But he sounded gentle and soft, like he is when he talks to Jaime, or cats. "Who did this?" He murmured as he stepped forward.

     Spencer was a mess. He was almost sheet white, hands shaking profusely. I thought that hair turning white due to fear or dread was a myth, but Spencer proved that wrong. Even his eyes that were once like grass in the summertime had lost their hue. He looked terrified. The only colour to him was the blood that was splattered over his face and drenching his clothes.

     He made a noise that I can only really describe as a squeak, and shook his head. He was mouthing something that looked like 'no,' over and over. I couldn't tell where he was looking, if it was at Ricky or the wall or otherwise. Regardless, his breathing had gone rapid and his eyes were wide. "No, no, not again. Not again, please, no," He babbled.

     Ricky's nose twitched. He set a hand on Spencer's shoulder, saying something soft and sympathetic. Spencer went limp, asleep, I assume, breathing calm once again. "You weren't lying," He said as he turned to Ashley, "When you said he was broken. I don't know what that angel did to him, but it did break him. If you can't fix him, nothing will. I suppose only time is left to determine whether or not he'll pull through.."

     He sighed and looked up at me. "I know this is a lot to ask, but would you stay with him? Until I figure out what's going on, this is the safest place for you. Who knows," He said, "Maybe he'll speak to you. You're like supernatural catnip, Chris.."

     I nodded a bit, wrapping my arm around Ryan. "I'll stay.."

     Ashley smiled sadly. "Wonderful. I've been wanting to talk to you anyway, Mr. Cerulli."

     It's going to be a long day.