♕ || peace and quiet

A/N: because i've got piercings, i like to update shit about them in case it can help you guys out if you're considering a piercing- you can always ask me stuff. anyway. newest addition to my collection is an Industrial.
- it doesn't hurt as much as everyone says it does
- there's a chance you can't even get one. not everybody can, so you need to see about it anyway
- it isn't the same pain as other piercings. it was about a 4/10, but it was quick (since they have to do two, it obviously takes a bit). it's like 'pop' and done.
- it's sore as FUCK after. don't sleep on the side you get pierced. try not to bump it.
- mine hasn't bled much, but it's difficult to get behind the bar to clean it.
- IF YOU WEAR GLASSES (like me), THEY WILL PROBABLY BUMP THE BAR. SO IT'S GONNA HURT A BIT. if you can get by without your glasses, try. i can't, bc my vision is awful.

it's a really cool piercing tho, and definitely worth it. so if you were considering it, go for it! it cost $30 where i went, which is a really good price. ALSO: my mom got the daith piercing, so i figured i'd add that IF YOU GET MIGRAINES, DAITH PIERCINGS CAN HELP WITH IT. you need to get both ears done if possible- not everyone has a daith. my mom could only get one side.

also: new sitkolson is up. it's called Unusual

anyway~
——————

It was tougher than I expected to drag that awful thing back to my house. My place is closer than Dev's, so we figured it'd be easier. We called Ashley, and she was quick to show up.

Meanwhile, I was starting to feel dizzy and lightheaded. My hands had gone numb, but I didn't say anything about it, because we had enough to deal with. A dumb choice, not saying anything.

Ashley was trying to get memories out of that shifter, and Mags was jotting some things down on a piece of scrap paper.

Everything started to blur, though, and I blacked out. Peace and quiet at last, even in a shitty circumstance. It was like I was dreaming; I must have been. There was no sound, no anything, not at first.

     I wasn't anywhere in particular at first, but after a moment, pitch black turned into a field at sunset, and I almost didn't want to wake up.

     "You know," Someone spoke, "You're going to be a wonderful warlock someday, I'm sure. It's a shame you'll die like a human would."

     It took a moment to register the voice as belonging to Barnabas, and I almost flinched as I spun around to face him. I'd never noticed his eye colour until just now- the shade of blue was so light, it almost matched the whites of his eyes.

     He's obviously not my type, but I guess I can see why he and Mags would be together. He can't be taller than 6'4, maybe 6'5. That must have been the one thing the shapeshifter got wrong- being too short.

     Barnabas was the epitome of the 'tall, dark and handsome' cliche. Jet black hair, pale-as-fuck skin, and high cheekbones. When he grinned, I could see how sharp his teeth were, tongue looking forked like a snake. I couldn't quite tell, though.

     "You aren't like other warlocks are. You're human; you'll age and die, you know, while your little fox stays just the way he is." Barnabas said. It was strange, having to look up at someone. I'm used to being the tall one.

     I didn't say anything at first. I grit my teeth for a moment, folding my arms across my chest. "How would you know? My parents obviously didn't know about what I'm like- so how could you know?"

     Barnabas giggled, but it wasn't the happy kind. I guess I'd have to describe it as a sort of 'soul eating demon that's about to rip your face off' giggle. "I know all things, silly little mortal child."

     Before I could come up with a sarcastic remark, he brushed his bangs out of his face. He had a third eye, which somehow didn't surprise me. I pursed my lips. "What's it with the warlocks I've met so far and the weird amount of eyes?" I snit.

     It was the best I could come up with off the bat, but unfortunately, it was also a kind-of-almost insult to Mags, too. Since he's got four eyes, and all. His eyes are for a different purpose than Barnabas's, though.

     He rolled his eyes. "Everything has a purpose. I just so happen to be able to see the possible outcomes that the future holds. None of them end well for you," he said cheerfully. "But all is well for the majority,  whether or not Oz and I succeed or fail."

     I narrowed my eyes. "What do you mean?"

     Barnabas gave a hum. "You lose something you love, no matter how you play your cards. Keep your friends close while you have them, dear, they don't last forever." He said casually.

     I opened my mouth to speak, but I woke up to Ashley leaning over me, words sounding distant.

     "Chris? Chris, wake up."