♕ | reinforcements

Mike and Ashley didn't get along too well. Especially now that Mike wanted to take Spencer home. Ashley didn't think it was safe; I don't even think it's safe.

"He's my husband. I think he'd rather be at home," Mike said, "rather than in the presence of some psycho witch with an attitude issue," He sneered. Ashley scoffed. Her fingertips were sparking.

Ricky sighed. "Excuse me," He spoke, though it went rather unnoticed by either arguing party. Spencer and Ryan were both sitting in the living room, the two of them looking quite uncomfortable with the screaming match that was going on.

     I just stayed quiet. I was still a little out of it from blacking out earlier, but I could stand, so I figured that had to be a good thing, right? I'd been sipping a bottle of water for the past twenty or so minutes while Mike and Ashley have been bickering. Being dehydrated wouldn't do me any good.

"Oh, is that so? They'll find him, you ignorant bastard. An angel practically mind-raped him; you think that isn't going to leave a mark? They'll find him and they'll snap him like a twig. Pennsylvania is my territory- I make the rules. And Spencer is one of Ricky's demons. Your husband? Sure. Does that mean you get to chuck him on the Death Wish Train? I think the fuck not. So sit your ass down before I-"

Ricky's mouth twitched. For such a small guy, he can look pretty terrifying when you can tell he's angry. His irises seemed to melt into a red colour, the whites of his eyes a coal black. I'd never seen that. He cleared his throat and flung his hands out to the side, Ashley and Mike both going flying in opposite directions, backs slamming against opposing walls. "Stop fighting! You're acting like children and I'm damn sick of it." Ricky seethed.

I just stood, dumbfounded. His voice actually sounded sort of (extremely) terrifying. He sounded like himself, sure enough, but it was distant and layered and.. strange. Strong, I suppose. I'm used to him being soft spoken.

Mike didn't look very pleased being held against a wall up with his head nearly touching the ceiling; Ashley just seemed annoyed. Ricky's arms fell back to his sides, and both Mike and Ashley hit the ground. Ashley landed gracefully. Mike, not so much.

"Ashley's right." Ricky declared after a moment of silence. "Spencer is going to stay put. You can stay with him, if you can play nice for a few hours. I'm going back to Scranton to see who will be willing to stand by me in the case we do need to fight." He said calmly. Mike knew better than to protest, and Ashley had a slight 'I was right' smirk on her face.

"Chris," Ricky said, sounding like himself again. "Are you coming with me or staying here?" He inquired.

I glanced at Ryan, who scrambled to his feet and scampered over. I turned back to Ricky, saying, "I'll go."

Ryan grabbed my hand and held it, and I took one last glance at Spencer. He had been fine about ten minutes ago, but he was pale again, eyes looking glassy. For a second, I could swear I could hear his heart beating, fast and rhythmic.

I shook my head and followed Ricky.

A/N: short update. in other news, finally had a decent idea for a fic. and it's ace/aro(spike) so, obviously, romance won't get in the way. it's called Safe Is Just A Shadow. basically, Spencer kills the Grim Reaper and becomes the new one, and Mike just so happens to have died recently, so ofc Spencer is his escort to the next life.

think of video games. you start a quest, but then you end up having a few hundred side quests that you have to finish to complete the original quest, but thins go shitty anyway? that's basically the new fic.