1

I was in the kitchen with Mum, trying to sneak in a bite of cookie dough from the bowl when the front door opened.

"Laura! James!" Dad called. "I brought home surprises for you!"

I immediately dropped the spoon that I was holding and ran to the front door. I could hear my twin brother, James, running down the stairs. Dad always had the best presents for us when he came back from his business trips. Nearly colliding with my identical twin, James, at the beginning of the hallway, we rushed forward, trying to beat each other to the front door.

As Dad came into view, I saw two of our best friends standing behind him.

"Remus! Sirius!" James and I called in unison.

I tackled Remus with a hug as James jumped onto Sirius.

I heard Dad chuckle softly as he said, "Sorry I couldn't bring Peter. His parents wouldn't let him come."

"It's fine, Dad. We know they're uptight. Besides, you must have had a hard enough journey just bringing these two back," I said as I let go of Remus and hugged Sirius.

"It was easier than I expected," Dad answered. Sniffing the air and turning to follow the delicious scent of warm cookies, he whispered, "I'm off to steal some cookies before dinner."

As Dad disappeared around the corner, James let go of Remus and picked up his bag as I picked up Sirius's.

"Where are they going to sleep?" James asked me. "The guest bedrooms are still being redesigned."

Thinking quickly, I said, "All four of us can sleep in the den together. I'm the only one that goes on there and there is more than enough room. Two of us can sleep on the couches. If we move the coffee table, me can put the air mattress in there and the other two can sleep on that."

Grinning cockily and running his hand through his hair, James led the way to the den as he said, "I had already thought of that. I just wanted to see if we were on the same page."

Rolling my eyes, I decided to ignore his comment and jumped onto Remus's back for a piggy back ride. Not being surprised in the slightest, he laughed and grabbed my legs so I wouldn't fall down and continued walking.

"I missed you two SO much," I said dramatically, laying my head on Remus's shoulder. "You should have owled us that you were coming. James nearly died when his precious Sirius never replied."

Opening the door that leads to the den, James called over his shoulder, "I did not!"

As I jumped off of Remus's back and entered the den, I mouthed 'Yes he did' to Sirius as I passed him. Gesturing wildly to the room around us, I dropped Remus's bag and said, "Welcome to your new room."

Dropping into my favorite spot on the couch, I watched as Sirius and Remus took in their surroundings.

The walls had been painted a shade of peach last week. Tons of framed photographs of James and I covered the wall opposite of the door. A flat screen TV and entertainment center filled with muggle movies covered the next wall. Against the back wall, there are two soft, dark brown couches that have been pushed together to create one massive couch. They are so huge, they swallow me whole if I get too relaxed. To the left of the couches, there Are two matching dark brown recliners that only James uses. In the center of the room, there is an intricately designed mahogany coffee table. On top of it is a vase of Mum's favorite flowers, red roses (how cliché) that are bewitched to last for a month.

"We only have a few minutes until dinnertime. What do you want to do until then?" James asked as he dropped into the recliner.

Sitting down next to me, Remus said, "It's your's and Laura's house. I'll do whatever you guys want to do."