9

Tickling the pear, I entered the kitchens alone. James remained outside underneath the invisibility cloak to keep watch. So far, phase one of the prank was going perfectly according to plan. Smiling politely and stepping over the swarms of house elves that were coming towards me, I opened both of the flasks that I had brought. I quickly sprinkled its contents onto every platter of dinner food I could find.

Once the flasks were empty, I waved goodbye to the house elves and exited the kitchens.

"James?" I called to the seemingly empty corridor.

"I'm right here," he said as he pulled off our invisibility cloak. "Is phase one complete?"

"Yep," I told him, popping the p. "The second and final phase begins at dinner."

"Great."

As we reached the second floor, we spotted Lily sitting in one of the window seats (I just so happened to know that it was her favorite window seat) by herself reading a book. Without even having to look at James, I knew he was giving me the infamous Potter Pleading Look (that I created).

"Yes, James, I will go talk to her for you. But you have to promise not to lurk," I sighed.

"This is why I love you," he said, hugging me tightly before he ran off to the Gryffindor common room.

I walked over to Lily and sat down next to her. Looking up, she smiled and closed her book.

"I haven't talked to you in ages, Lils," I complained.

"I know! You've been spending too much time with your brother and his friends," she agreed.

"So I was thinking," I began. "Since we haven't had time together in a while and I'm in desperate need of a girl's day, would you like to go dress shopping in Hogsmeade this weekend for the Halloween dance? Afterwards, we can do whatever."

"Sounds lovely," Lily said.

"Then it's a date," I said, standing up and running a hand through my hair.

Lily, smiling, reopened her book and continued to read as I walked away. Suddenly remembering something, I turned back around.

"And Lils," I called as I continued to walk backwards down the corridor and she glanced up again. "You might not want to eat anything at dinner tonight."

A confused expression crossed her face but she gave me a thumbs up. By now, she had learned to follow my advice when it came to food.

****

"Is everything in place?" Sirius asked as I sat down next to him at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.

"Yes it is," I told him. "If you don't want to be effected by it, I suggest you don't eat anything."

Peter immediately dropped the fork he was about to put in his mouth. Down the table, I saw that Lily had followed my advice and wasn't eating anything either.

Looking down at his watch, Remus said, "And the potions should begin to take effect on everyone in three...two...one."

At that exact moment, chaos broke loose. Cries of disgust rang out from the Slytherin table while laughter came from the other three. Everyone (that had been eating) at the Slytherin and Ravenclaw tables had bright red and gold hair. Everyone (that had been eating) at the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor tables couldn't speak because every time they attempted to, thunderous lion roars came out instead.

As the laughter began to die down, it rose again when everyone noticed Dumbledore. His beard had turned red while his long hair had turned gold.

Once the laughter had completely died down and the roaring stopped (the others still had multi-colored hair), it was pretty easy for the professors to figure out which kids had caused it.

****

"This sponge is messing with my nail beds," Sirius grumbled from the other side of the Great Hall.

Peter, Remus, James, Sirius, and I had been given detention immediately after dinner. We had to scrub the entire floor by hand without magic.

"The poor baby," James teased from his spot on the Great Hall floor.

Peter laughed.

Remus muttered to me, "Honestly, he can be such a prep."

"I heard that!" Sirius shouted indignantly. 

"It's okay, my preppy prince. I know you'll survive," I cooed.

The next thing I knew, soapy water hit me. Shrieking in surprise, I jumped up.

"Aww. It's okay my preppy princess," he cooed mockingly. "I know you'll survive."

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK!" I shouted.

The fear in his eyes almost made me laugh. Almost. Picking up my bucket of soapy water, I slung it at him, soaking him instantly. Hearing James laughing behind me, I slung the remaining water towards him.

"Oh it is on!" James declared.

Picking up his bucket of soapy water, he tried to throw it on me. But at the last moment, I ducked and he soaked Remus instead. Everyone paused. That is, until Peter completely blind sided everyone by hitting Sirius and I with water.

The water fight resumed. Since McGonagall had bewitched the water buckets to refill themselves, there was no end in sight.

Suddenly, the Great Hall doors banged open. We all froze instantly.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF MERLIN DO YOU FIVE THINK YOU'RE DOING?" McGonagall screeched.

****
A/N: What did you thinkI'm not sure why but I am super excited to write the next chapter! So I'm sorry if this one seems a bit rushed.
❤❤❤