3

****Time skip: September 1st, The day they return to Hogwarts****

Waking up, I look around and realize that I'm the last one awake. Grumbling slightly, I check my watch. 9:51 blinks back at me.

"Oh shit!" I shout, throwing the blanket off of me and running out of the den.

Mum and Dad wanted all of us to be ready by 10:30. Nearly colliding with Sirius, I dodge him skillfully, ignoring his shocked cries, and stampede up the stairs and into my room.

Accidentally slamming the door behind me, I rush to my bathroom and jump into the shower as fast as humanly possible. I quickly shampooed and conditioned my hair, shaved my legs, and washed my body (A/N: I'm not going into details about what happens in a girl's shower because that's classified info ;) ). I was in such a hurry, I didn't even have time to sing in the shower. Jumping out, I wrapped my hair up in a towel, dried myself off, and put my fluffy white bathrobe on.

Checking the time again, I decided against putting on any makeup. Besides, its not like I necessarily need it. I'm Laura Potter!

Walking over to my bed, I put on my favorite outfit that I had, thankfully, laid out last night while I was packing my trunk. It was a simple gray top paired with black leggings and gray flats.

 It was a simple gray top paired with black leggings and gray flats

Taking my hair down from the towel, I ran my hand through it and decided to leave it as it was

Taking my hair down from the towel, I ran my hand through it and decided to leave it as it was. Checking my reflection in my full-length mirror, I nodded in approval and spritzed some perfume on.

Lugging my trunk downstairs, I met up with Remus, James, Sirius, and Dad in the (rarely used) family room. The clock on the wall read 10:27. Fortunately, I was ready before Mum.

"It's bout time," James chastised.

"You can't rush perfection," I snapped.

"But you're already perfect, Gorgeous," Sirius said, smirking at me from his spot on the couch.

"Sirius, if you're going to flirt with my daughter, I'd prefer if you did it when I'm not in the same room," Dad said, grimacing slightly.

****Platform 9 3/4, Hogwarts Express****

"Yes, Mum. I promise," I whined. "I'll be good and I'll write regularly, can I please go now?"

Smiling tearfully, Mum finally let me go. James, Sirius, and Remus were already on the train. Mum always fretted over me the most. After giving Dad a quick hug, I waved goodbye and ran onto the Hogwarts Express before Mum could hug me again.

Weaving through the throng of students, I made my way towards our usual compartment at the very back of the train. Ignoring the wolf whistles and cat calls that were thrown my way, I had almost reached our compartment when I stumbled into someone.

Looking up, I prepared to apologize... until I realized who it was.

"Watch where you're going, Black," I snarled.

Regulus chuckled darkly as he pushed himself away from me.

"Where are you heading off to in such a hurry, Potter?" He asked, brushing his dark hair out of his eyes as he casually leaned up against a closed compartment door.

"That's none of your damn business," I growled. Turning to move past him, I said, "Now if you'll excuse me."

As his slender hand shot out, grabbing me by my shoulder and turning me to face him, Regulus said, "Why don't you stay and chat me with me, Potter? It'll be more fun than spending the train ride with that bastard of a blood traitor I'm supposed to call a brother."

My entire body stiffened. Glaring daggers, I asked in a murderous tone, "What was that last part?"

Realizing that he had managed to tick me off, Regulus smirked and said, "I believe you heard me perfectly the first time I said it."

"That's what I thought," I snarked.

Shoving his hand off of me, I turned sharply and punched Regulus in the face. His head snapped back and I heard a sickening crunch. Muttering profanities, Regulus pinched the bridge of his nose in a weak attempt to stop the rushing flow of dark red blood. Smirking slightly, I pushed past him and slid open the door of my compartment just as the train began to move.

I sat down by the window seat, next to Sirius and across from James and Remus.

"What took you so long?" Remus asked as he looked up from his book.

"Oh, you know how Mum gets," I answered as nonchalantly as possible.

"Follow up question," Sirius said as he picked up my hand and examined it closely. "Why is there blood on your hand?"

"Laura! Are you okay?" James asked protectively.

Yanking my hand back, I smiled and said, "Don't worry. Its not my blood."

"Who's is it?" Remus asked, finally putting his book away for good.

My smile faltered slightly as I mumbled, "It may or may not be Regulus's because I may or may not have punched him so hard, I broke his nose."

"We're not even at Hogwarts yet and you're already getting into trouble," James said, running his hand through his hair. "Awesome!"

Grinning broadly, Sirius wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me into a side hug.

"You shouldn't be encouraging her!" Remus said, trying to hide the smile that was slowly spreading across his face.

"You are incredible," Sirius said. "What did my brother do to piss you off?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I said (in what I hoped was a nonchalant tone), "He got in my way."

Sirius And James laughed at my response. Remus, on the other hand, gave me a look that told me he didn't believe me. Ignoring it, I relaxed into Sirius's comforting embrace, which was slightly odd because Sirius was usually never touchy-feely.

Pushing that thought into the back of my mind, I joined the conversation that James had started over quidditch and enjoyed the long train ride to Hogwarts.