26

March 27

It's been a little over a month since Laura's crash. Her broken bones had healed rather nicely. All of her bruises and cuts had finally faded. After being released from the hospital wing, everything had returned to normal, despite Sirius, James, Remus, and even Peter, being more overprotective than before.

Much to the boys' dismay, she had even still been able to accompany Remus on that month's full moon.

Sirius's motorcycle had been transported to Potter Manor and would remain there throughout the rest of the school year.

Remus's birthday had passed much the same as Sirius's had. But James and Laura, the dynamic twin duo were determined to outdo both of them with the birthday party of the century.

****

"Happy birthday, Princess!" Sirius exclaimed, throwing the blanket off of me.

Instinctively curling up to protect myself from the rush of cold air, I mumbled a few incoherent curses before flipping him off.

But Sirius hadn't seen for he had already turned his attention to my twin.

Throwing James's blanket off of him, Sirius shouted, "Happy birthday, Prongs!"

James had the exact same reaction as me.

"Well there's no denying you two are related," Sirius responded sarcastically, flopping back onto his (and my) bed.

Shoving him off of my leg, I raised up and looked around the room, running my hand through my hair as I did so. Remus was adding a present to the pile of them on the windowsill. James, like me, was still in bed. Peter was nowhere to be seen. I assumed he was getting breakfast from the kitchens.

Confirming my assumption, Peter burst through the dorm door with multiple platters of food and drinks. Sitting all of it down in the center of the room, the five of us sat in a circle around the food.

"Happy birthday, guys," Peter said, obviously breathless from the long journey.

"Thanks, Wormtail," I told him through a yawn as I reached for my coffee cup.

"So what are the Potter's planning for their legendary sixteenth birthday party?" Remus asked.

James perked up instantly, all signs of morning grogginess gone. "I'm glad you asked, Moony. We've already informed the entire house of Gryffindor that after dinner, there will be a huge party in the common room (all fellow Gryffindors welcome, no matter their year). The house elves will be bringing up firewhiskey, butterbeer, and tons of food for the party. Since it's a Saturday and we have nothing to do until then, we're mostly winging it. Maybe some pranks, maybe some quidditch. But at exactly midnight, fireworks will go off that everyone in Hogwarts or on the castle grounds will be able to see."

"Impressive," Sirius commented. Peter nodded in agreement.

I smirked in response, digging into my chocolate chip pancakes.

****

The day passed at an alarmingly fast rate. James and I had been wished a happy birthday more times than I could count. We had set off a few pranks on the Slytherins (and didn't get caught). We played a small game of quidditch with a few of the Gryffindor quidditch team members (we're not sure who won bit James insists that it was his team).

I was currently in my dorm with Lily, allowing her, despite my many protests to do my hair and makeup for the party.

She was wearing her hair in a complicated French braid and had her usual amount of makeup on. Her outfit consisted of leggings, a sexy red top, and red flats.