10

****Saturday morning****

"Ready for today?" Lily asked me, grinning wildly.

I took a drink of coffee before I answered her. "Yep."

"What's today?" Sirius asked after taking a drink of his own coffee.

"Well, Black," Lily snapped. "Laura and I are having a girl's day and dress shopping in Hogsmeade."

Catching my eye, James mouthed thank you. He knew that I hate dress shopping. But, he didn't know that I was going to Hogsmeade just to spend time with Lily and wasn't planning on mentioning him at all.

"Come on, Laura," Lily said, standing up and linking her arm through mine. "We need to get an early start."

Glancing back towards my plate of food longingly, I saw Sirius waving goodbye before he ate my scrambled eggs. Over at the Slytherin table, I saw Snivellus, I mean Severus, glaring daggers at me.

****

"Any suggestions on which store to try first?" I asked Lily as we entered Hogsmeade.

Out of all the times I had visited Hogsmeade, I had never went dress shopping. But, there was a first time for everything.

"Just follow me," Lily answered in a sing song voice.

She opened the door to a nearby shop and ushered me inside. Looking around, I instantly wanted to leave. The store was filled with dresses ranging from short and frilly to long and sparkly. Don't get me wrong, the dresses were beautiful. My only problem was knowing that I would have to put one on.

"Follow me," she ordered, dragging me to the heart of the store. " Now, I know you don't necessarily get excited about dress shopping so just put your faith in me and I'll find the perfect dresses for both you and me. All you have to do is try it on."

Smiling gratefully, I said, "Lils, you are the best."

"I know I am."

I wandered through the store aimlessly while waiting on Lily to find our dresses. I haven't tried anything on yet but I'm already exhausted.

"Try this on while I try this one on," Lily commanded, shoving a dress into my arms.

I hardly had a chance to look at her dress before she disappeared into a dressing room. Sighing in defeat, I followed my orders and locked myself in a dressing room. I had seen this dress in the shop window but hadn't really given it a second thought.

I undressed and put it on as quickly as I could, which was quite difficult considering the fact that it had multiple layers. Looking in the floor length mirror, I instantly fell in love with it. (A/N: picture of dress above)

"Hurry up, Laura!" Lily called. "I want to see how you look."

Stepping out of the dressing room, I heard Lily gasp.

"You look gorgeous!" We exclaimed simultaneously.

Giggling, I studied Lily's dress. It looked amazing on her. The colors really worked with her complexion.

 The colors really worked with her complexion