4

As the Hogwarts Express rolled to a stop in Hogsmeade Station, Sirius, James, Remus, Peter (who had joined us about halfway through the ride) and I grabbed our luggage and hopped off the train. As we made our way over to the carriages, I spotted my friend (and James's crush), Lily Evans.

James, seeing her as well, shouted, "Fancy seeing you here, Evans!"

Without even glancing back, Lily snapped, "Shut up, Potter!"

"Tough luck," Sirius said, trying to hide his grin as we climbed into the first available carriage.

Climbing in after Sirius, I took the seat across from him. Remus sat down next to me as James and Peter sat by Sirius. The ride was quick and surprisingly quiet. Despite the fact that I had eaten tons of sweets on the train ride, I was starving. Hopefully the sorting wouldn't last long.

When the carriage reached Hogwarts, the five of us clambered out and hurried up the stone steps. The cold autumn wind was whipping at my skin, causing me to shiver. Once we walked through the grand marble doors, I breathed a sigh of relief as a wave of warmth washed over me.

Scurrying over to the Gryffindor table, I claimed my usual spot (between Remus and Sirius, across from James and Peter). As the Sorting Hat began, I didn't bother to listen. I was too busy thinking about the food we would soon be able to eat. Besides, it's not like I knew any of the kids that were being sorted.

Once the Sorting ceremony was over, Dumbledore stood up and a hush instantly fell over the crowd.

Smiling kindly, he said, "Welcome to Hogwarts! And for those you that aren't new, welcome back! This is destined to be another wonderful year. Now, onto more important things. Let's feast!"

Grinning broadly, I began shoveling food onto my plate as soon as it appeared on the table. Taking a bite of amazing mashed potatoes, I sighed my approval.

Chuckling at my weird antics, James grabbed a roll off of my plate and said, "Since your obviously not hungry,I suppose you wouldn't mind if I took this roll, my dear sister?"

Growling in a (not very) playful manner, I glared at my annoying brother and said, "Drop it NOW!"

A look of genuine fear appeared on his face as he put my rollback on my plate and withdrew his hand immediately. Smiling again, I went back to eating.

****

Sighing sleepily, I laid my head on Remus's shoulder.

"Tired, Laura?" Peter asked me.

"Extremely," I replied through a yawn.

"Then let's go to the common room," Sirius said as he stood up.

"But its not time to go yet and we don't even know the password," I protested.

"We can get the password from Lily. She's a prefect," Remus said as he, James, and Peter stood up and joined Sirius.

"But it's so far away," I whined.

Before anything else could be said, Sirius wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me out of my seat. Setting me upright on my feet, his arm lingered a second longer than necessary before he pulled it away.

Pouting, I dropped to the floor dramatically. "The floor is quite comfy," I said. "I think I'll sleep right here tonight."

"I don't think so," Sirius said as he scooped me up and threw Mr over his shoulder.

Slapping at his back, I said, "Sirius! Put me down!"

Although I couldn't see Sirius's face, I could tell that he was smirking. Remus, who had walked away to talk to Lily, suddenly appeared in my field of vision.

"Lily told me the password. Are we ready to go?" Remus asked, not at all fazed by the fact that Sirius had me slung over his shoulder.

"Yes we are," James answered.

As we left the Great Hall, I stopped struggling against Sirius's hold and slumped against him. Although it couldn't have been easy carrying me up all those stairs, Sirius somehow managed to without ever faltering.

Reaching the portrait of the Fat Lady, Remus said, "Mimbulus Mimbletonia"

Once inside the safety of the beloved Gryffindor common room, Sirius dropped me on the couch.

"Well, thanks for the free and extremely comfy ride up all those stairs," I said to him, my voice dripping in sarcasm.

"No problem," he answered, flopping down on the couch by my feet.

Remus and James sat down in the chairs by the fire. Peter excused himself and went off to the boys dorm. As the chorus of "good nights" died away, people slowly began to trickle in through the portrait hole. I raised up and dragged my sleepy ass off of the couch.

"Where are you going?" Remus asked.

"Bed," I replied through another yawn.

Walking over to where James sat, I gave him a hug and said, "Good night." Whispering quietly so no one else would hear, I continued, "If you ever touch my food again, I will not hesitate to break both of your arms."

Smiling slightly at the terrified look on his face, I walked over to Remus and gave him a hug and muttered a good night to him as well.

"Good night, Laura," Remus said, kissing my forehead lightly (in a brotherly way).

Standing up, Sirius (trademark smirk included) said, "I believe it's my turn to receive a good night hug."

Turning away from Remus, I folded my arms and asked, "Why exactly should I hug you?"

Sirius's smirk faltered ever so slightly. Quickly regaining his composure, he said, "Because you love me and can't resist an opportunity to hug me."

"Sure, we'll go with that," I muttered. Hugging Sirius tightly (damn, he smelled amazing), I said, "Good night, Sirius."

"Good night, Potter," he replied.

After a few moments, I pulled away and headed up the stairs to the girls dormitory that I shared with Lily and three other girls I had never bothered to socialize with. Rummaging through my trunk, I pulled on a pair of pajamas.

Collapsing onto my bed, I pulled the curtains shut and drifted off to sleep.

****

A/N: Hello, my lovely Readers! I am so glad that it is finally the weekend!!! I hope everyone's is wonderful.
I know that Remus Lupin was a prefect in his fifth year but it works better with my story if he's not one.

****