19

Wrapping my Gryffindor scarf around my neck, I waved goodbye to Sirius and James and pulled out the list of the gifts I needed to buy at Hogsmeade. Glancing at it, I felt Remus reading it over my shoulder.

James:
Stuffed animal (stag)
Personalized quidditch gloves
Fizzing Whisbees

Sirius:
Stuffed animal (dog)
New wizard chess set
Every Flavour Beans

Remus:
Stuffed animal (wolf)
Books (depends on what I find)
Sweater
Chocolate bars

Peter:
Stuffed animal (rat)
Filibuster Fireworks
Chocolate frogs

Lily:
Stuffed animal (monkey)
New quill
Toffee bars

George:
Stuffed animal (lion, maybe)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
Broom
Sugar quills
Chocolate frogs

"Who's George?" Remus asked.

"He's the second year that stayed here for the break. His muggle family doesn't approve of him so I made it my mission to watch out for and take care of him," I explained.

"Howl thoughtful of you," Remus joked. "Where to first?"

Jumping onto his back, I wrapped my legs around him and said, "To Honeydukes!"

****

Settling into our booth, I sat all of my bags next to me as Remus went to the bar to order butterbeers. Shopping had taken longer than I had planned and I was exhausted. Remus was the one to suggest that we rest at the Three Broomsticks before meeting back up with James and Sirius at the castle.

Glancing around the place, I realized how quiet it was. Since it was the holidays, the place was filled with professors and around nine or ten students, not including Remus and I.

Placing my butterbeer in front of me, Remus slid into the spot next to me (which was the only spot not covered with bags). Thanking Remus, I took a sip just as a large shadow loomed over our table.

"Ah! Miss Potter and Mr. Lupin! Just the people I wanted to see," an overly jolly voice exclaimed.

Looking up, I saw that it was Professor Slughorn. Groaning inwardly, I sat my glass down and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"How can we help you, Professor?" I asked, my voice overly peppy.

"Well," my eager tone seemed to have caught him by surprise. "Tomorrow evening, I am holding a Christmas dinner for a select few students. I was hoping you two would join?" He asked.

Before I could come up with an excuse as to why we couldn't go, Remus said, "We would love to, Professor."

"Wonderful!" He boomed. "I look forward to seeing you there. It starts at six."

Turning away from us, Slughorn made his way over to where the other professors were sitting. Facing Remus, I glared daggers at him.

"What?" He asked innocently, taking a drink from his glass.

"You know what, Lupin," I snarled. "Why on earth did you tell him that we would come?"

Shrugging nonchalantly, Remus said, "Because he's constantly asking you to attend those kinds of things and you can't avoid him forever. As for me, well, he's only asking me to come because his star pupil, Lily, isn't here. I thought I'd go to see why you hate it so much."

Still upset, I grumbled, "We'll need to go back to Honeydukes."

"Why?"

"Because tomorrow is Christmas! We can't show up to a Christmas dinner without bringing a gift for the host! Honestly, Remus, were you raised in a barn?"

****

Putting the final touches on everyone's wrapped presents, I looked around my empty dorm at the mess I had made. Since the boys couldn't reach this room due to enchantments on the stairs, this was the safest place to keep their presents. Strewn all around me was wadded up wrapping paper, fancy bows, and tape. On top of my bed was an organized pile of presents.

Cleaning it all up, I changed into my pyjamas. Leaving my dorm, I made my way over to the boys' dorm. James, shirtless, was on his bed, throwing a crumpled piece of paper up and down. Remus, the only one wearing a shirt, as usual, was reading on his bed. Sirius, also shirtless, was lying down on his bed with his arm draped over his eyes.

Seeing as to how no one acknowledged my reappearance, I tiptoed over and jumped onto Sirius's stomach (more like hardcore abs). He didn't even flinch. He snaked his arm around my waist as he raised up and looked at me with an amused expression.

"You're not as sneaky as you think, Princess."

Before I could get my smartass retort out, a crumpled piece of paper hit the back of my head. Twisting my body around so my back was against Sirius and I could see the other two, I glared at James.

"What was that for?"

"We have something important to discuss and your information is what I need," James explained.

"If this is about Lily then you can forget about it," I told him. His face fell. "We've talked about this countless times before and she's yet to fall for your 'charming good looks'. We've also all agreed that no matter how many times you try this year or next year, your best bet of her saying yes isn't until seventh year."

James flopped back onto his bed dramatically.

Remus, putting his book down, smirked and said, "Has Laura told you two where she has to go tomorrow?"

"No," Sirius and James answered in unison, sending puzzled glanced my way.

Groaning, I dropped my head back against Sirius's shoulder.

"Remus told Professor Slughorn that him and I would attend his Christmas dinner tomorrow," I explained.

Much to my dismay, both of them laughed.

"Have fun with that," Sirius said as his laughter subsided.

"Yeah yeah," I grumbled. Faking a yawn, I added, "It's getting late and we'll be up early tomorrow because of Christmas. I say we get some sleep."

Before anyone could protest, I layed down, dragging Sirius down with me, and threw the blanket over us. Swishing my wand and muttering a spell, the lights turned off.

"Goodnight, Princess."

"Goodnight, Prince."