23

"You can't have The Imperial March play as you walk down the aisle at your wedding!" Lily exclaimed.

It was the first day of classes after the holidays and Lily, Remus, Sirius, Peter, James, and I were currently in Transfiguration. Lily and I were sitting in front of the four boys and had already finished the assignment McGonagall had given us. Somehow, the topic of weddings had come up.

"Why not?" I asked indignantly.

"Because," Lily said, sounding slightly exasperated. "No one does that!" Realizing how loud she was, she quickly lowered her voice. "It's not how weddings are!"

"Just because weddings are usually formal, it doesn't mean all of them have to be," I argued back.

"What if your husband doesn't like the idea of an informal wedding?"

"Puh-lease, Lils", I said. "My husband is going to be as weird as me, if not weirder. I wouldn't have dated him if he wasn't."

"Fair enough." I was beginning to think that Lily had accepted defeat when she said, "But your wedding dress has to be white. You can't change that."

Scoffing, I asked, "What wedding dress?"

She gave me an incredulous look. "What do you mean 'what wedding dress'? You have to wear a wedding dress!"

Smirking, I leaned back in my chair, "I don't have to wear a wedding dress. After all, it is my wedding."

"Then what are you going to wear?" She asked.

"A pair of soft shorts and an oversized t-shirt," I replied calmly, trying to hide my laughter at the look on Lily's face. "And a pair of fuzzy socks so I can slide down the aisle ninja style."

Laughing, she said, "You're joking, right?"

"No," I answered with a deadpan expression. "I'm serious."

"Actually," Sirius interrupted. "I believe that I'm Sirius."

Ignoring him, Lily continued with her questions. "What will your bridesmaids wear?"

"Whatever they want to wear. I honestly don't care."

Before Lily could say anything, Remus asked, "Why are you two talking about Laura's wedding?"

At that moment, class ended. Gathering our stuff, we resumed our conversation in the corridor on our way to Potions.

"Because," I said, beginning to answer Remus's question. "Lily finds my wedding plans absolutely ludicrous and wouldn't let the topic drop."

Entering the Potions classroom, the six of us took our seats (the same seats we sat in during Transfiguration). As Professor Slughorn came in, all conversation ceased immediately.

"Good evening, class," he began. "I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Today, we are going to brew the Draught of Peace." With a wave of his wand, the instructions appeared on the board. "You have the entire class period to work on it. Good luck!"

With that, all of the fifth year Gryffindor and Slytherin students began to work. Behind me, I heard something hit the floor followed by,

"What the actual fuck, James?" Remus bellowed. "Look at what your damn clumsy arse did!"

Slughorn looked up from his desk and asked, "Who used that foul language?"

Turning around, I saw Remus put on his innocent expression that fooled all of the professors. Turning to Sirius, he said, "Sirius! Why would you use such language?"

"Detention, Mr. Black!" Slughorn said.

Glaring at Remus, Sirius grumbled a response. Laughing quietly, I turned back to mine and Lily's cauldron.

As the class came to an end, it wasn't a surprise when Severus's potion was the only one that was perfect. Although mine and Lily's came close, it wasn't quite the right shade of orange.

Leaving the dark classroom, I looked over at Lily, half expecting her to continue ranting to me about the importance of a 'formal' wedding. Surprisingly, she didn't. She was preoccupied with turning down James's attempts to ask her out.

As Remus and Peter laughed, Sirius appeared on my right side.

Snaking his arm around my waist, he said, "So what's this I hear about you not having a proper wedding?"

Resting my head on his shoulder as we walked, I said, "I just don't understand why some girls get all worked up about having every detail of their wedding perfect."

"Really?" He asked with an amused smile.

"Really," I confirmed. "When I get married, I'm going to have a fun wedding. Everyone can wear whatever they want. The most expensive thing at my wedding is probably going to be the cake. And I honestly couldn't care less about what people think of it."

"You've seemed to have put a lot of thought into this."

Not really," I shrugged my shoulders casually. "But I think I gave Lily a heart attack when I told her that I'm not wearing a wedding dress."

****
A/N: Sorry this chapter is short! It's basically just a random, unimportant chapter that doesn't really have any point other than I found it amusing.
:)
BriKate03 and dprandall21 this is my wedding