Part 13

"So..." Clyd said as he took another turn. It was pretty silent in the truck. The radio as turned on but it was turned on low.

"Soo..." I said as I looked over at him pushing the memories to the back of my mind.

"What's your favorite color?"

"um, I don't know. I like all the dark shades of color, I guess." I stated staring at my hands.

"Nice I am personally a fan of black and white."

"Then why is your room filled with navy blue?"

"Well my mom thinks that if I have black in my room it means I'm dying or something. I guess I'm  like you actually. I like the darker shades of things also." He said as he pulled to a stop in front of a house.

The house wasn't that big. Bigger than mine but not by to much and I wasn't paying attention at Clyds.

"Wait here. Ill go get her" He said as he opened his door.

"Clyd!" I shouted before the door could close.

"Yes?"

"What's her name?"

"Oh its Claire." He said as he closed his door leaving me with only the soft sound of music playing from the radio. I don't see how he is considered the bad boy when he has been so nice.

I watched as he walked up the walkway and waited at the door hands stuffed into his sweat pants pockets. Rocking back on his heels. I watched as the door opened to show a younger women. She looked about our age, she had long blond hair, tan complexion, and amazing features.

I watched as they hugged. Her eyes traveled o we his shoulder to the truck and soon they landed on me. Her once innocent eyes hardened into a glare as she watched me over his shoulder. Her eyes were filled with hatred when they saw me, but when they pulled away she was the innocent girl she was before she saw me. She pulled Clyd into the house closing the door.

I sat there staring at the empty street. There where no kids playing, no dogs barking,  and no one taking long walks. It was just empty, like nobody lived here. I turned the car off not wanting him to waist his gas on me. I turned the music up to drown out the silence the area seemed to hold. It wasn't even a bad looking neighborhood. Its not like nobody was outside because crime was going on.

I continued to listen to the radio leaning my head back on the seat. Letting the words dink in.  

I  think I've already lost you

I think you're already gone

I think I'm finally scared now

You think I'm weak, I think you're wrong

I think you're already leaving

Feels like you hand is on the door

I thought this place was an empire

Now I'm relaxed, I can't be sure

I jumped as the backdoor opened. I swung my head around to see a little girl with blond hair being plopped into a seat.

"Hi!" She chirped as she looked at me. I smiled and waved as I turned back around. She looked exactly like Clark and Clyd combined. It was slightly freaky.

"Why did you turn the truck off? Its so cold in here." Clyd said as he climbed into the driver seat. I hadn't noticed how cold it was listening to the lyrics. The lyrics had reminded me of him and how he just left me. Clyd quickly turned the truck on and turned the heat on high.

"I didn't want to waste the gas."  I said as I shivered rubbing my hands up my arms.

"Its okay if it keeps you warm. Your like an icicle." He said as he pulled my hand up to his lips... I hadn't even felt his finger touch mine. his hands where tightly wrapped around mine as he blew his warm breath on them.

"It's fine." I whispered pulling my hand from him. I didn't like how close we seem to be in such a short period of time. "Let just go?" I said as I looked out my window again only to see that girl glaring at me again. I watch as she brought her hand up, sliding it across her throat, and then pointing at me. I gulped as Clyd finally pulled away.

She wont do anything... hopefully.