Part 26

I turned around startled by the voice, to see someone standing right behind me. I stepped back from them not expecting anyone to be around. I recognized him instantly, dread filled my body.

"Skylar. What are you doing out in the cold?" He asked stepping closer to me. Does he thinks he can act like he doesn't know me, after two years of friendship to the caring guy he was before?

"Leave me alone James" I stated calmly as I turned my back to him just like he had done to me when he got that knew group of friends. I wanted him back in my life but I realized he isn't a good friend to have, I realized that he was going to leave eventually. He wasn't going to stick around with me. I should have figured that out sooner, Ill forever feel the pain of him leaving me, acting like I'm nothing, and pretending to care. He is the reason I wont let Clark and Clyd in to my life. I don't trust they will stay, why would they? Besides no matter what I don't want anyone of them to get hurt because of me even if they did hurt me mentally and emotional. Nobody deserves to be punished for being friends with me, non the less know me.

"Skylar. Just let me give you a lift?" He said grabbing my arm. I jumped away from him as if his touch burned my skin. I used to be okay with him being close to me but now he is like a stranger. He left me as if I was a piece of trash on the curb, waiting for me to be picked up and sent to the dumps.

"NO. Just go. Just forget about me, after all that's what you do best" I said as I tried to walk away.

"I didn't forget you Sky!" He shouted as he grabbed my arm again and pulled me back. He spun me around quickly so I would be looking at him.

"Yes you did. You left me like I was nothing!" I screamed trying to pull away from him, he was my best friend, he was the one to keep me moving when I felt like dying, yet when he found someone knew he just left.

"I didn't leave you!" He screamed back in my face, stepping closer to me. "I didn't leave you." He said lightly looking into my eyes.

"YES YOU DID! Are you blind? I've been alone without you!"

"Okay. I know and I'm sorry." He stated as he looked down at the ground. I need to protect him even if he left me without a thought. I need to protect all of them from the monster. I might not be that close with Clark and Clyd, but it would kill me to know that they got hurt because of me.

"I need to get home" I stated as I pulled away from him.

"Nobody's waiting for you" he said. I froze misstep, slowly closing my eyes.

"Yeah, because everyone is leaving." I stated as I shook his hand of my arm.

He didn't say anything as I walked away. I let the air leave my body as what we had said came crashing down.

Nobody was worried about where I was. Nobody was questioning if I was hurt.

Nobody was waiting for me...

Except the monster who is always creeping in the shadows.