Part 14

If you're gone, maybe it's time to come home

There's an awful lot of breathing room

But I can hardly move

If you're gone, baby you need to come home, come home

There's a little bit of something me

In everything in you

I bet you're hard to get over

I bet the room just wont shine

I bet my hands I can stay here

And I bet you need more that you mind

Clyd was the first one to break the silence between the three of us. We had sat there for what felt like forever, just listening to the radio, not knowing what to say.

"So...Claire how was your friends house?" He asked.

"Fun. Her older sister kept asking me about you." She said. I turned in my seat to look at her.

"So... What's your favorite thing to do?" I asked changing the subject of the sister who I assume was the girl glaring at me.

"I love reading" She said as she looked at me with a big smile. I could see she was missing some of her teeth's. I remember those days, back when my brother thought it would be good to just punch the loose tooth out of my mouth. I remember how his aim was to high and he ended up breaking my nose. I also remember me screaming in pain as he slammed his fist into my jaw, because he was still trying to knock my tooth out. There was so much blood from my nose that my one sister passed out within seconds of entering the room to see why someone was screaming.

"Hello Sky?" Clyd's voice asked. I shook my head as pushed the memory to the back of my mind.

"Sorry. I just zoned out for a second" I said as I looked at Clyd and then back to his sister. "That's awesome. I love reading too, what's your favorite book?"

"I love the book called The Fault In Our Stars. Definitely when Clyd reads it to me. There are some big words so I have to ask Clyd and Clark different things all the time but I just love how emotional it is." She said quickly as she looked at me. Dang a seven year old can understand that book? When I was seven I was busy getting punched in the face for a loose tooth not reading a book of that reading level. Gosh, isn't that book a like 7th grader book.

"Wow. I like that book too." I said still astonished she was reading at that level.

"Yeah Clyd's been reading it to me since forever." She said smiling over at Clyd who was staring out at the road with a smile gracing his lips.

Again how is he labeled a bad boy at school?