Part 24

It was Clyd's voice, but it wasn't his voice echoing in my mind. His voice wasn't what I heard on repeat.

It was my monster that was screaming over and over I'm head.  It was his words filling my mind. His actions flashing through my mind.  The house I saw before me slowly vanished as memories took it's place.

His cruel words echoed through my ears. Memories swirled like a hurricane. Rushing by in a fast paste but all there at once. Or it was like a tsunami of memories just crashed through my mind...

Neither could be stopped...

I could faintly hear Clark's voice yelling, but the hurricane roaring and the tsunamis crashing filled my ears. Her voice seemed like just a murmur to me. 

No one cares if poor little Skylar has a bruise, a cut,  or a broken bone.

No one will protect you from what you deserve.

No one needs you.

Your a waste.

Your the only one that was a mistake.

You never do anything right.

I couldn't help as his fave appeared fight infront of me.  I tried to back away but there was a wall. He kept getting closer, I couldn't get my arms up to push him away. As if I even could... He would snap my wrist before my fingers could even reached his clothing.

I closed my eyes trying to ignore his presence. I know what happened next. He reaches out and strangles me. My eyes snap open when his taunting voice goes quite, his toxic smell dissipates, and his presence is gone.

I wasn't in the room I was in before either. I was in the alleyway. The same alley I was in when I was fifteen.  It was dark out just like before, but his shadow was dork when he stepped out of the shadows. 

"Long time" he whispered in his sickening voice.  I gulped in fear as I watched him get closer. Again I tried to move but I was glued to my spot. "I thought you were smart. Hanging out in alleys isn't smart Skylar!" he shouted as he stepped closer. "Now you need to be punished".  I watched with wide eyes as he raised his fist causing my body to tense up waiting for the pain. I closed my eyes as his fist got closer. I was praying he would miss, but I knew he wouldn't.

"Sky?" someone whispered in my ear. I didn't want to see him again. I didn't want the blackness of my eye lids to reveal the monster. His fist hadn't connected with me like I had expected, I wonder why. Curiosity got the best of me, so I slowly opened my eyes to see I was in a house. There was a hallway and a at of stairs Infront of me.

I turned my head left to see a living room area. There was a large TV, a giant beanbag chair, and a couch was visible from where I was.

I looked to my right to be met with a face. I jumped away slightly in surprise, since Clark wasn't even 12" away. There was a chuckle behind me causing me to jump again.  I turned around to see another face. 

Clyd. 

He grabbed me when I was running down the stairs and now we are sitting on the ground.  His arms wrapped around my waist,  while I was tucked between his legs. He must have pulled me down when I was lost in the memories.

His eyes where covered in a layer of curiosities and concern. I turned away from him to look at Clark to see the same thing in her features.

"I-"

"Sky." Clyd said in my ear just like earlier when I was pulled out of the flash backs.

I turned to look at him again to see his eyes analysing my own. 

"I should get going." I stated as I tried to stand up, but Clyd hands grabbed my his pulling me closer to his chest. 

"No" Clark stated after Clyd pulled me back. 

"I said I need to go!" I said a little louder as I tried to get up again,  but Clyd locked his hands onto my sides. He was keeping me glued to him not letting me have any freedom.  I could feel his breath on my neck as he continued his hug like trap. 

"Why?"

"Why what?" I asked as folded my arms over my chest feeling Clyd's arms tighten around me.

"Why do you need to leave?" They asked at the same time.  I frowned at how alike they were.

"Because."

"Because what?" Clyd asked.

I don't have a good answer for that. I could lie and say my boyfriends waiting for me but what if they ask to meet said boyfriend. I don't have a boyfriend, so they would find out I was lying.

"Uh well you see I have someone waiting for me at how" I stated as confidently as I could. It wasn't a lie, there was someone back at the house waiting for me to get home.

"Oh?" Clark said a little defeated.

"Yeah so If you could just let go of me and let me be on my way." I said as I tried to pull Clyd's hands away from me. 

"Who's waiting for you?" Clyd asked pulling me closer than I already was.

"People that I need to get to okay!" I stated as I looked at Clark. Clark seemed to understand that I wasn't going to tell.

"Clyd? You can't force her to do what you want" Clark stated as she grabbed one of his hands pulling them away from me. I tried to pull away as he now only had one arm wrapped around me. He was a lot stronger than I had thought, since he could keep me in place with just one of his arms.

I sighed in defeat as I slumped against him. Everyone seems to be stronger than me.  I felt his arm tighten when I leaned against him. I don't understand why he is doing this or acting this way. 

"Clyd your not her boyfriend so let her go!" Clark stated as I heard a snaking sound. 

"Clark" he shouted harshly, finally letting go of my waist to rub wherever she hit him. 

I shuffled away trying to gain as much distance as I could before getting up, so my butt wouldn't be in his face.

"Bye Clark. Bye Clyd."I stated as I pulled the front door open hearing Clark shout a 'see ya later' as I closed the door behind me. 

I walked down the pathway to the street, thinking one thing. My life has definitely been changed.  For the good or worse is still undecided.

Why do I always seem to be stuck in tuff situations?