Part 23

"Sky! I didn't mean to make you mad." Clark exclaimed as she followed me.

"You didn't. I just don't want any friends right now." I stated feeling bad for how I've acted since I got here. I've acted so strange and weird that they probably think I need to go to a mental hospital. I just don't want anyone getting hurt if he comes after me. At first I wanted protection but now that I think about it. Nobody can protect me, if someone tried they would just get hurt. I don't want some one that barely knows me get caught in the line of fire.

"But..." She began but I cut her off before she could get another word out.

"But nothing. Like I said already today... just forget me already! I'm not worth the hassle not now and not ever!" I stated as I looked at her. It really wouldn't be that hard for them, definitely when it was so easy for my best friend to just leave and forget me. I waited for her to try and respond but she kept her mouth shut knowing I would just argue with her some more.

"Bye Skylar" She stated sadly. I nodded and rushed down the steps again today but unlike last time arms wrapped around my body as I reached the last step. I screamed as I tried to get away, but I wasn't strong enough. All I could see was his face invading my mind like a tsunami. I was drowning in the memories as they played all at once, mixing together. I couldn't breath as the thought of him crushed my lungs to smithereens.  

"I'm not letting you go."