Chapter Seventeen

Ashleigh's point of view-

While I was still sobbing on the floor Mitch came up behind me and tapped my back. I turned around and looked at him,
"They were going to find out sooner or later.." he explained to me. He had been crying, his face was red.
"Not like this" I answered back and lying my head back on the ground.
"Ash..." he sounded worried. I got up and faced him,
"Yes Mitch?"
"You’re not mad at me are you?" he said scratching the back of his head and biting his lip. I always thought it was really hot when he did that,
"No. I'm mad at myself" I answered wrapping my arms around him.

After a while I had decided it was time to go talk to Jerome.
"Knock knock"
"What could you possibly want?" Jerome answered in an upset voice.
"I just wanted to come in" he laughed as he knew this is exactly what happened when I kissed Mitch.
"Doors unlocked" he went back to being upset.
"Jerome.." I put my hand on his shoulder.
"You can't fix it Ash.. You can't fix this problem" he explained turning around.
"I know" I started to cry, "but at least let me explain"
"Go on."
"When you asked if there was anything between me and Mitch, I promise you there wasn't. We only started dating when you went out for dinner that night." I started to explain.
"You still kept it a secret from me" he started tearing up, "ash, I trusted you..."
"I know Jerome! I know... but Jerome I didn't want Matt finding out till I knew it was working between us."
"I'm not Matt..." I hugged Jerome tight and he cried in my shoulder.
"Feel better now?"
"A lil bit" he said with a smile on his face, "but ash"
"Yeh Jerome?"
"Please tell me next time." he was serious.
"I promise!"