Chapter Thirty-Seven

Ashleigh's point of view-

I had to do this, I had to tell him the truth.. I can't just keep lying to him.. What I am doing is wrong.. I walked up to Jason's bedroom door,
"Jason?" I said as I knocked on the door.
"Come in" I heard from the other side of the door. I opened the door and walked in slowly. Jason was standing by the window, admiring the view from our house. I sat on his bed and he turned around and looked at me. I gestured for him to come sit next to me,
"Jason we have to talk"
"Yeh sure anything for you babe" he replied, pecking my lips.
"I fell wrong for doing this but.."
"Yeh?"
"I'mbreakingupwithyou" I said as fast as I could.
"Sorry? What did you say?"
"I'm breaking up with you" I said slower and emphasised every word.
"YOU’RE WHAT!" Jason screamed at my face. He jumped up off the bed and grabbed a bag, then flung it at me so I ducked.
"Jason, what are you doing?!" I yelled. He started to throw all his belongings into the bag, as he was doing this he was muttering to himself. Once he had packed all his things he flung his bag over his shoulder and stormed out of his room. I quickly followed after him,
"I knew you would do this!" He shouted whilst going down the stairs and turning around to look at me, "I knew you would leave me for Mitch!".
"I didn't think he was coming back Jason!" I screamed back at him as I followed him down the stairs.
"Don't give me your bull crap!" Jason yelled slamming the front door behind him. By this point my legs had collapsed. Did I really use Jason like that?! What is wrong with me?!
"Ash? What just happened?" Mitch asked as he walked over to me.
"I broke up with Jason.." I replied quietly.
"For me?" He lifted my head and looked me straight in the eyes.
"Yeh I guess so"
"Then why are you upset, if this is what you want?"
"I was with Jason for a year and just because your back I leave him, it seems like I used him." I felt something warm drip down my face, I realized it was a tear when Mitch wiped it away.
"He should understand.. If you loved him for the year then it wasn't using him.." He reassured me.
"I guess.." Matt came running down the stairs and stood in front of me.
"What was that all about, I would have come earlier but I was on the phone with someone" Matt explained.
"It's fine.. But I don't think Jason is coming back anytime soon.." I answered. Mitch looked at Matt and grinned.
"Was the person you were talking to a girl by any chance?" Mitch laughed.
"Umm, maybe.." Matt replied.