Up and Coming

Stunning she was, in an all black fitted gown with painful strapping stilettos to match. Her hair was pinned up and hardened with hair spray and her face caked with layers upon layers of makeup. She was a model and an up and coming actress about to make her first appearance on a late show.

"So," he crossed his arms and sat forward on the desk he sat behind, his face claiming that he was serious. She knew different. They had been talking for a good ten minutes getting to know her and now it was officially winding down. "I've heard through the grapevine, that you have a crush on Superman."

"What?" She started to giggle and covered her face. "Oh my goodness, how?" She asked pretending to be embarrassed. In truth, she was embarrassed she would never let the people know that.

He started to laugh, all seriousness erased from his face. She could tell he enjoyed making his guest feel uncomfortable.

"So it's true?"

"Well yes," she fought to keep her voice steady and to pretend like it was no big deal that the whole world would now know who her celebrity crush was. "But that was before I entered the business myself and started to view everyone as normal people. Plus I have a boyfriend and I am very happy with him."

She had to throw that in there. There was no doubt in her mind he'd watch this when it finally aired and he'd be furious.

"What if I told you, Henry Cavill has admitted to having a crush on you?" Jimmy then said.

"What?" She squeaked and started to laugh. "How?" Then she looked around at the audience. "Is Ashton Kutcher going to come out now?

"No," replied Jimmy with a mischievous smirk. "But Henry is. HENRY CAVILL EVERYONE!"

"Oh my God," she covered her mouth and started to laugh as the band began to play, the audience went wild and Henry Cavill made his grand entrance.

He first approached Jimmy and shook the man's hand and then stepped back to look at her. She was shaking her head in disbelief at him. Henry was grinning from ear to ear as he held out his hand to help her stand up.

When she was finally on her feet, Henry pulled her into a warm embrace and squeezed her as if they had been childhood friends who were just reunited.

They pulled apart and she resumed sitting in the chair closest to Jimmy while Henry sat to her right.

"So," Jimmy rubbed his hands together and smirked. "You gonna ditch that boyfriend and get with Henry?"

"No," she replied once she had finally came down from cloud nine. "I'm very happy with my boyfriend. Sorry Henry."

Henry smiled when she turned to look at him. He didn't seem at all hurt by her words, which made her feel good.

With Henry beside her, the interview quickly turned to all about him and she was more to happy when it was over.

"We should meet up sometime," Henry had stopped her before she disappeared into the dressing room designated for her.

"Just as friends?"

He turned to lean in closer so that their conversation was a little more private. "I think you're beautiful and all, but I don't know you well enough and I respect that you're happy in your relationship."

She smiled up at him feeling ten times better about the whole thing. "Thank you," and before turning to enter her room she said, "Maggie has my phone, just ask her and she'll be willing to let you put your number in it."