A Special Visit

"I'm just going to the back real quick, if you need me, shout."

"Okay," I murmured over the mound of clothing that laid before me waiting to be priced and put away.

The flapping of flip flops faded away and as soon as I heard the door closing, I stepped away from the awaiting pile to survey the store. There was one costumer so far, an elderly lady just browsing the sales rack. So with the store nearly dead, I focused solely on the pile and whatever else was on my list to be marked down and given a new home.

I looked up briefly to check on the elder woman over by the sales rack only to find her waiting and staring at me from the fitting rooms. With a sigh, I reached into the little cubby for the key and I hurried away from the cash wrap over to her.

"How many do you have?" I asked in a sweet, polite tone as I mentally counted the items in her hand while she counted them herself.

"Five," she told me as I hurried over to a stall and began unlocking it. "Thank you," she said while closing the door behind her.

I had smiled and walked away, the usual routine I did just about every time when I worked.

As I hurried back to the middle of the store where the cash wrap was, I noticed a man entering followed by another. I paid little attention and returned my attention back to the pile.

Even with one in the fitting rooms and two browsing, the store was still pretty dead, which made my task of pricing the jeans I had much easier. It had also left me with time to actually put them away and that is what I did.

I ventured on over toward the back of the store where we kept our clearance stuff. Despite being only five seven, I still struggled to reach the top bar and it didn't help that the jeans were weighing down my hand as well, so naturally a few fell to the ground and of course, I groaned and picked them up while still holding the other half in my other hand.

Now I had a free hand, but even with that free hand, it was still a hassle to get them all on the rack without the hangers getting tangled and a few falling free.

"Here," a male voice sounded from behind me, startling me just a little as two massive hands appeared, grabbing the pants and hanging them up on the bar.

"Thank you," I muttered, turning to face the person who helped me. His face was hidden behind a muscular arm while he untangled the hangers and then he pointed toward the ones on the floor. "I can hang those for you, too."

"Oh right," I laughed and knelt down to collect the fallen pants and then handed them to him. "Thanks again, I should have just grabbed the stool. Bit stupid of me to think I'm some superwoman or something."

He chuckled lightly and I felt my cheeks burning from my stupid rambling. Once the pants where hung, he lowered his arms and turned to face me.

"T-thanks again," I stammered. My skin suddenly felt like it was on fire and somehow I had forgotten how to breath.

Had it not been for the sound of the door to the back room opening and the squeaking of wheels, I may have stayed in that spot, astonished by what I was seeing.

Remembering where I was and how professional I was supposed to be, I finally then asked, "Was there anything you needed help finding?"

His blue eyes flickered from me to behind me and I turned to find his friend walking toward us. "He's actually looking for something for his girlfriend."

"But I can't find anything she'd like," replied the friend.

"What does she like?"

"Everything?"

I tried not to laugh, but it was hard to disguise, "No woman likes everything," I said, turning around to face him. "Does she like dresses, rompers, skirts; does she dress girly or more tomboyish?"

"Both?" His dark brows furrowed as he looked me over, "She dresses a bit like you."

"Well my style depends on my mood," I admitted. "But that is a start. Okay, so are we looking for everyday or special occasion?"

"Special occasion," came the voice behind me that I was trying so hard to forget.

I turned to face him and then back to his friend who seemed to be communicating in some foreign eye language with him.

"Well," I bit my bottom lip and turned toward the front where our dresses were, "we can take a look up there if you'd like."

And after what felt like ages, the perfect dress had been found including an extra dress that had been picked out, not by his friend, but he himself; "For a friend," he said when he recieved an odd look from his buddy. It was expected, of course, who was to really say Henry Cavill was single or not.

"All set then?" I asked, turning back to the men.

"Yeah," Henry replied, looking down at the dress and then his friend. "I'll  pay."

"Fine by me," replied his friend. I hid my smile by turning around and walking over to the cash wrap where I waited at my assigned register while they made their way over.

Henry placed the dresses on the counter and then leaned against it, his blue eyes on me, watching me while I removed the hangersband tried my hardest to focus on not making a complete fool of myself.

"You know," it was so weird to hear his voice in person and not through a speaker. "I never did catch your name."

"(Y/N)," I mumbled before telling him his total.

"That's a beautiful name," he told me and then stood up to reach into his pocket and fish out his wallet. I kept my eyes glued to the screen though occasionally I did look around, careful not to make eye contact with him. "By any chance, is there any was I can get your number?"

"My what?" My hand slipped, and I stumbled slightly while trying to reach for his receipt.

"You know what," he was smiling while putting his card back into his wallet. "I believe I should have asked if you had a boyfriend first, but of course a beautiful woman like yourself would. I'm sorry-"

"No, it's fine," I said softly, finally forcing myself to look at him. "I'm single, it's just... I don't know... you sure you want it?"

"Yes," he leaned across the counter again, his hands clasped together. "And maybe we can do dinner sometime?"

"Maybe," I replied with a smile as I ripped off a piece of blank receipt paper and started to jot down my name and number. "But I'm sure you're quite busy."

"I'd make time for you," he replied, taking the paper from me. "And that dress is for you."

"What?"

He pulled the floral print maxi dress from inside the bag and handed it over to me. I was at a loss for words and he only smiled as I held out my hand for the dress.

When he and his friend left, I slowly turned to find my manager leaning against the counter with a look on her face and all I could say was, "Did that really just happen?"

"Uh, yeah, I think it really just did."

And then I started to laugh hysterically to the point where I was wiping away tears even when I was ringing up the next costumer.

And that is how I spend my days at work when it's slow... imaging if Henry Cavill walked in 😂