How I Met Henry Cavill [V]

An hour later, my father came home. He entered the house with the nastiest look on his face, doing his best come off intimidating. I had merely rolled my eyes, my stepmother tried to keep from laughing, and Henry, well he didn't look one bit phased at all. Instead, he stood up from the brown leather couch and offered his hand to my father. 

And so now my stepmom and I are at the kitchen table while the men are on the couch discussing their favorite superheroes like the overgrown children they are. In the mean time, Flash was playing on the flat screen hanging on the wall above the fireplace and I was really struggling with staying interested... in both show and their conversation. That was, of course, until I heard my father utter these words; "You know she doesn't like Superman, right?"

I sat up in my chair, more alert than I was before, with my mouth open in shock. 

"Way to throw your daughter under the bus." my stepmom turned in her chair as well.

"She also said Man of Steel was a horrible movie," he added.

"Now he's driving the bus over me." I said as I looked at my stepmom.

"You don't like superman?" Uh oh. "And Man of Steel was horrible?"

"Boring actually," I admitted. "No offense to you, it's just supermen is like the Lord of The Rings-"

"You don't like Lord of The Rings either?"

"No! No, no!" I stared to laugh. "I like Lord of the Rings, I just can't get into it no matter how hard I try. It's weird because I play World of Warcraft and Skyrim, but that movie just has no appeal to me. Like Superman. Except for in Justice League during that one Flash movie. I forget the name, but it was literally the only time I absolutely adored Superman. But to be really fair, I happen to be a Batman fan."

"Ah," he replied as he stared at me. It was hard to tell what he was really thinking. "Unfortunately Ben is taken."

I started to laugh so hard I had to cover my mouth. "As if!" I cried. "I was so upset when I learned Ben was going to be Batman. Christian Bale captured my heart, how could I ever accept anyone else after him?"

"You are so dumb," my stepmom started to crack up as she shook her head and looked away from me. "But anyway, shouldn't you two be going before it gets dark?"

"I don't even really know what we're doing," I admitted. "I don't really know Naples like I once did."

"There's the zoo." She suggested. "I don't know what time it closes, though."

"Oh, I forgot about the zoo! Yes, it's been so long since I've gone to one. Since I was a kid. Ugh, yes! Hopefully, they're open. And I can show you the pier after that. I know how to get there from the zoo... I think?"

"If not, I have a GPS," Henry said as he stood up. "Kal should be fine in the room if you want to let your dogs out."

"Oh, I'll let him out before we go so he can go... pee somewhere other than the grill." I said as I knelt down to pet him. "Right Kal?"

"First you insult my hat-"

"It was a really ugly hat," I said as I pushed my purse off my lap and down by my feet once we were settled into his car.

"Then you insult my movie," he looked over at me, one hand on the steering wheel and the other resting in the center and I looked up from my purse to him.

"Well, in my defense," I began as I looked away from him and smiled, "you're the only reason I had any interest in watching it in the first place."

"Fair enough," he turned away to finally turn on the car. "But you still have to make it up to me."

"I will, by taking you around my hometown. Oh crap!" I suddenly realized a small little problem, the gate was closed and I needed to open it. "I'll see you on the other side of the gate," I said as I climbed out of the car, closed the door behind me, and hurried on down to the end of the driveway to open it.

Henry wasted no time driving through, nor did I waste any time closing the gate behind him so that the dogs could be released without worrying about them escaping. I took a deep breath as I walked over to the passenger door, my hand slowly reaching out for the handle. Just exactly how was I going to make this up to Henry? How would I have felt if he had hated anything of mine?

After another deep breath, I opened the door and climbed in. Once the door was shut and I was buckling myself in, he started to drive.

"We are going to the zoo first, right?" he asked as he fiddled with the GPS and drove at the same time.

"Yes," I frowned as I smacked his hand gently and pushed it away. "Pay attention to the road, we have bears and stuff out here."

Henry pulled up to the end of the street and came to a stop at the stop sign. He then turned to me, grinning, and said, "I have stopped, now may I?" he gestured toward the GPS.

"No," I replied. "I may." And so, with a smile plastered on my face, I sat forward and began the difficult task of trying to operate a GPS. Within minutes of trying to figure it out, and realizing Henry still had yet to go, my smile turned into a frown and I huffed as he pushed my hand aside and looked up the address with ease.

"There," he said to me as the GPS started to talk to us and tell us which way to turn. "Was that really so hard?"

"No," I replied in a sarcastic tone as I crossed my arms and glared out the window. Why? Why was I acting so childish right now? How could something so simple upset me? I mean this was Henry Cavill, a man I had insulted on not one, but two occasions! He was still willing to hang out with me and here I was acting like a child. 

Sorry for being so M.I.A., I've been so consumed with researching and rewriting The Bastard King. I mean I have been also watching movies in the down time... Henry Cavill movies to be more accurate... but aren't movies considered research as well? lol