Lelanna - Part Two

Originally written Oct 9th, 2016
• the final part•

"Lelanna." 

Who was calling my name? Why did it sound so sexy? Why was the bed so hard? Wait... where-oh. 

I covered my face to open my eyes and let them adjust to the lighting. I guess I had really been that tired. 

"H-how long was I out for?" I asked while looking over to find that I was staring directly at Henry's knees. 

"I'm not entirely sure, when did you lay down?" he said as I forced myself to sit up and lean against the pole. "Also, I brought you this. Seems you do need it after all." He handed me a beautiful large cup of coffee. I'm pretty sure he hadn't expected a reaction like mine because he then said, "You really like your coffee." 

It was still quite warm, so I didn't drink it right away. Just inhaled the sweet aroma deeply while replying a simple, "Yes." with a large childish grin on my face after sticking my nose on the lid to inhale it some more. "Oh!" my head shot up "Thank you. You didn't have to do this, but you did and I appreciate that." 

I honestly hadn't expected him to go buy me a cup of coffee. Though now that I thought about it, it was rather obvious. 

"It was no problem," he replied after taking a long sip of his own drink. It didn't look at all like coffee, but I wasn't going to ask either. Instead, I lowered my eyes down to my cup and stared at it for the longest time as I tried to process all that had happened today.

My day had started out horribly, one spill after the other, eventually leading to a missed flight to here. Perhaps my day had not been so horrible after all. Maybe I was meant to be in a foul mood. Had I not been, would Henry have felt the need to speak to me?

"Thank you," I said in barely a whisper as I lifted my gaze from the cup to him. His lips were pursed into a thin line as his blue eyes locked on me with such intensity. To think, I was meant to meet this incredibly gorgeous man right here at the airport. The odds of us both waiting for the same plane... my thoughts quickly trailed when another one popped into my head. "Henry," I cleared my throat and sat up straight. 

"Yes?" his lips curved slightly as one thick brow arched up above his eye. 

"I... uh..." How was I going to ask him? How could I ask him? Taking a deep breath, I dropped my gaze and turned away slightly. "Never mind, it's nothing actually."

From the corner of my eye, I noted his look of concern as he sat his drink down by his feet to lean forward towards me. "Are you sure?" he asked softly.

"Mhm," I replied as I forced myself to smile. Perhaps if I had asked him now, he would change his opinion about me... whatever that opinion may be. "Anyway, have you heard anything on our flight?" I asked to change the subject since it was starting to feel a little awkward.

"No, I am afraid I have not." He was leaning back in his seat now while he looked down at his phone with his brows furrowed close together. 

"Everything alright?" I asked looking back towards him. This was unusual for me, keeping up a conversation or trying to at least. 

Henry looked up to meet my gaze, a small smile forming on his lips as he said, "Yeah, everything is fine." I nodded slowly, not sure what much I could say so I looked back down at the coffee cup in my hand while breathing softly. 

Another hour passed before they finally announced the arrival of our plane. It was a refreshing thought to think that I was hours away from being back home. My bed, oh how I truly missed the comfort of my own bed. There was also the yapping of my little morkie, Bruce, that I had also missed dearly as well. 

"Well, I believe that is me." Henry reached forward to grab his brown bag as he stood up and turned to me. "It was good meeting you, Lelanna." he said with a warm smile as he stuck his hand out for me to shake. 

"It was a pleasure meeting you as well, Henry." I said softly as I took his large warm hand in my own and stood up. "I do hope to see you again soon," his smile grew, though I had a feeling he hadn't the slightest clue what I had meant. 

Half expecting to be pulled into a tight hug, I found myself sinking back into my seat with a look of disappointment when he released my hand from his and turned to merge into the ever growing line of people boarding the plane. 

However, no matter what, I could not bring myself to look away once his large form disappeared among the large crowd. 

Little by little, I watched as the crowd of people in first class or those that sat more towards the front started to disappear down the tunnel that led them to the plane.  It was then when I noticed Henry as he handed one of the ladies his ticket. Before continuing on, he turned to give me a small smile and a quick wave before disappearing from sight. 

I found myself sighing as I reached down to pick up my bag so that I could hurry up before the crowd grew again. This was my last flight of the day before I would be back home, but exactly how long would I be at home before someone was already banging on my door about work related things. 

It never ended with my job. We could fly from state to state for meetings and my boss would have me come in as soon as I landed back home. But in truth, it was a small price to pay to get us out there. Working day and night, nonstop to make our name known to the world. 

Another sigh followed as I handed my ticket to the ladies waiting. One with red curly hair marked it and gave me the okay to go. Following the people that were in front of me, I made my way to the plane. 

On the plane and in my seat, I made myself comfortable while tucking my bag under the seat in front of me. Luckily it fit, but I kept it sticking out in case the person in front tried to get grabby with it. 

Turning to peer out the small window to watch the men scurrying around outside, I started to wonder about Henry. I had not bothered to learn about where he was going and why. I had been so wrapped up in talking about me. 

Beside me, someone had sat down, their arm bumping mine off the arm rest. I turned to see who the rude person was only to find a familiar face smiling back at me. 

"These seats are rather uncomfortable," he said with a grin that showed his teeth. 

Rolling my eyes while struggling with keeping myself from smiling, I asked him, "What the hell are you doing here?" 

"It was a bit lonely up there," he admitted as he took over my armrest and leaned closer. "Figured you could keep me company." 

"Is that even allowed?" I was trying to move away from him since he was starting to take up my space as well.

"It is when you're Henry Cavill," he flashed a sly grin.

"I don't think it works that way," I replied as I decided to push him back over to his side so that I had room. "But I will accept it because I honestly would be so bored for the next few hours." Truthfully I could just read a book or listen to music, but conversating with Henry seemed like a much better option than the other two. 

This was weirdly adorable and I loved it. It left me a little sad that this was all that I wrote for it.