I Missed You

Legs tangled in the soft, thickness of a faux fur throw, sprawled out on the living room sofa, sat a girl no older than twenty-four, her messy black hair up in a bun. Just visible above the silver fur were two dark brown eyes fixed on the screen of a forty inch plasma screen. At her feet, laid a large multicolored bear curled up with his tail covering his snout.

"What are you watching?" A deep voice called from the doorway startling both girl and bear. The bear, or really a dog since bears were not great pets, sprung up from the couch onto the floor and trotted over to the large man kneeling down.

Sitting up, the dark-haired girl turned and peered over the couch's armrest to see who spoke. A smile broke out over her face as she struggled to untangle herself from the throw and ended up falling off the couch and onto the hard floor.

A deep laughter filled the room, drowning out the noise from the tv speakers. Free of her furry prison and now on her knees, she glared up at him as he approached her.

"That wasn't funny," she then said with a pout as she crossed her arms. "That really hurt."

"I'm sorry," he replied, a smile still on his handsome, well-sculpted face when he knelt down in front of her. "Would a hug make you feel better?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed, turning her head to look at him before she threw her arms around his neck and her entire weight against him.

They fell back on the floor, he unable to balance her weight while he was unsteady with his own. He laid there with his hand on the small of her back, his blue eyes watching as her mouth parted and laughter escaped. Resisting the urge to just grab her by the back of her head and force her lips onto his, he instead smiled and reached up his other hand to brush away a stray piece of silky black hair that had escaped from her sloppy bun.

Her laughter died down and she opened her eyes to reveal sparkling chocolate brown orbs, "Henry," she said while crossing her arms over his chest. He raised his brow in response. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," he replied, the hand that was resting on her cheek was now tangled in her rat's nest of a hair and pulling her head gently down to his.

She smiled, her eyes lowering to his lips just before she closed them and pressed her soft lips against his. Henry smiled, just as she was, into their kiss and pulled her closer to him.

"I. Really. Missed. You." she whispered through kisses.

Henry secured his arm around her waist and rolled over so that he was now resting on top of her. With his other arm, he propped himself up so that he wasn't entirely crushing her beneath his weight and smiled again.

"How much have you missed me?" He asked her, his voice husky. "Show me."

"Mmm," she grinned wickedly and looked as if she was thinking about it. "This much," she said as her hand that had been on his chest began to slowly move down his body.

Just as her hand was about to move further, Henry moved away to wipe at his face with his arm. She looked up and burst out laughing at the sight of Kal, Henry's American Akita, trying to lick Henry.

"I think Kal missed you too," she said, rolling out the way of the large black and white dog. "Ah, can always count on Kal to ruin the moment." She sat up to pet the large bear of a dog and got up to sit on the couch.

"I miss you too boy, but now isn't the time," Henry laughed while he held the dog's face in his hands and smiled at him. "I was just about to find out how much I was missed."

"Maybe later," she stood up, her phone in hand. "I'm going to go take a bath. Have fun boys." And with that, she left.

Henry turned to his dog and rose his brow, Kal cocked his head and stared back. "You're right, Kal," he said when Kal placed a paw on his knee, "That was clearly an open invitation and I should accept it. Be good, Buddy, watch the house will ya?" He said while standing up.

Kal stood up too, his tail wagging and followed Henry as he went to the only bathroom where running water could be heard and when Henry went to open the door and Kal tried to rush in, the large dog felt a hand on the back of his neck pushing him back and Henry said, "Sorry boy, not now." Before shutting the door and disappearing behind it.