Dognappers

"Kal," she simply said.

"Kal?"

"Yes, Kal."

"Who and what is a Kal?"

She sucked in a deep breath, "Kal, my darling cousin, is the absolutely cutest animal on the face of this planet. I need him. I want him!"

"Animal? What kind of... I take it Kal is a dog, right?"

"Yes!"

Her hazel eyes narrowed, "What kind of dog? And where do we get this said Kal?"

"American Akita," she replied. "And Winnipeg, Canada."

"Canada, eh?" there was a hint of amusement visible on her cousin's face. "Land of the maple syrup and moose?"

"You forgot bagged milk."

"Bagged what? They bag their milk? Who does that?"

"Look, we're getting off topic here," she hopped down off the bar stool and stood at her full height of five foot four. After adjusting her jeans, which were falling down since her waist was too small, she stared back up at the girl with electric blue hair. "The point is, this dog is in Canada and we must go to Canada to get him."

"How much is he?"

"That's the thing..." a sheepish smile appeared on her round shaped face. "He belongs to someone."

"Alyssa, we can't just dognap someone's dog!"

"Melanie, listen, he won't even notice he's gone. I've got the perfect plan!"

"He?" Melanie sat back in the old stool and squinted her eyes at her younger cousin. "Who exactly is he?"

Alyssa bit her bottom lip and averted her gaze. Suddenly the stained tile floor seemed more interesting than this ridiculous plan of going to a foreign country to steal a foreigner's dog.

"Alyssa!"

"Henry Cavill."

"Who the hell is Henry Cavill?"

Her head jerked up, eyes wide with shock. "You. Don't. Know. Who Henry Cavill is!" Alyssa gasped. "He is like, only the most amazingest actor in like, the entire world! Ugh, how could you not!? The Tudors?" she began to list off names of movies the famous actor played in until finally there was only one other movie left, "Man of Steel?"

"Oh." it took her a moment. "Ohhh! Oh my God, Alyssa, get us killed why don't you? We can't kidnap his dog!"

"Why nottt? Wait!" she quickly reached for her phone on the counter and went straight to instagram. "Maybe if you've seen his pictures you'd say otherwise. He's just so cute. Like look at this precious face. He's practically begging for kisses and cuddles. See!" she shoved the phone into her cousin's face.

***

"I can't believe we're doing this."

"Isn't it exciting?" Alyssa asked from the passenger seat of their rental car. "We finally got out of the country and oh look, it's a Canadian! Wow, they are so much cooler looking in person!"

"Lys, we live next door to Canadians."

"Yeah, but they're not the same. They're in our country and they don't talk with a funny accent. I bet these ones do."

"How are we even related?" Melanie asked as she shook her head.

With Alyssa now occupied by the sights of Canada, she was now free to drive and listen to the navigation system that was to lead them to their hotel they had booked last minute. A few turns here and there, and a short while later they were now making their way up to their room with their overnight bags in hand.