what is that?

"What is that?"

"What is what?" Electric blue eyes appeared beneath long, dark lashes. They found what she had been speaking about, her dark brown eyes following his gaze. "That is a box," he replied calmly, his gaze lifted up to her.

"A box?" She turned around to face him, her dark, neatly trimmed eyebrow raising slightly as she gave him a look that said she was suspicious. "What is in the box?"

Henry Cavill went back to reading through his script, his expression never changing. "Open it and find out."

"I will," she replied in a snooty tone, her nose pointed in the air. Henry ignored her. She sighed and rolled her eyes, then turned back to the small square shaped box that sat in the kitchen counter.

Carefully, despite her shaky hands, she lifted the box up into the palm of her hands and examined it.

Was there a ring inside? Surely Henry wasn't going to propose, they weren't even a couple. Wait. Was he secretly dating someone and not telling her? Did he have intentions of getting back with one of his exes? Why couldn't she just open the box and find out what was inside?

Wood scraping against stone brought her back to the kitchen where she was standing with the box in her hand. Turning around, she noticed Henry had left his script open on the kitchen table and had left. She brushed it aside, realising it made the situation less nerve racking with him out of the room.

She gulped down a breath of air and returned back to the box. Slowly, she began prying the black lid loose. She could hear the pounding of her heart beating loudly like a drum in her ears. A bead of sweat formed above her brow.

Finally, the lid was free and she was able to see inside.

On a dark velvet cushion rested a silver tag with the name 'Kipper' engraved into it. She exhaled, her eyes brimming with tears. Her hand flew to her mouth, the lid dropping to the floor with a soft clatter.

"Henry," she cried softly. "You didn't!"

She turned around to find Henry hold an adorable Pembroke Welsh corgi in his arms and a large grin on his handsome, chiseled face.

"I did," he said as she looked up from the puppy to him, tears pouring down her cheeks like a waterfall. She shook her head, her heatless waves bouncing softly.

With shaky hands and her vision blurred from tears, she tried to pull the dog tag from inside the box so that she could place it on the brown leather collar the was around his neck.

"Here," Henry switched the puppy from both arms to one, holding him out for her while his other hand was extended out for the box.

She eagerly accepted the trade, cradling the one creature she wanted more than anything in her life. The puppy wiggled in her arms, his cropped tail moving at a rapid speed to show he was happy. While Henry struggled to secure the tag onto the collar, Kipper tried to reach up so that he could nip playfully at her face and cover her in hot puppy kissed.

She laughed through the tears and jerked her head back. Henry grew impatient, his dark blue eyes flickering up to look at her. His face softened at the sight of the smile on her face and one began to appear on his.

"Hold him still," he instructed. "I just need to take his collar off."

She held him still long enough for Henry to unbuckle the collar and then she turned to find a place on the kitchen floor for her to sit.

Kal came over, his tail wagging at the sight of her sitting on the floor. He sniffed curiously at the puppy and when Kipper was free to bounce around, Kal got excited.

"You're too big, Kal," Henry's thick legs appeared beside her. He bent down, dropping the collar, now with its tag attached, into her lap.

Kal ignored Henry. He may have been far too big for the puppy that was the size of his paw, but it did not stop the American Akita from hopping around himself and nipping playfully at the little puppy.

Henry shook his head, reaching down to scratch between Kal's ears before he walked back to the table to continue his reading.

"Thank you," she said with a huge smile. Kipper started to bark. She turned back to the small puppy, lifting him up into her arms so that she could put his collar back on.

Henry looked up and smiled at her before going back to his script.

She got up off the ground, corgi still in hand, and walked over to where he sat. He sat back in the car and looked up at her, his brow rising slowly.

Without a word, she leaned down, a smile curving her lips while she closed her eyes and place a kiss to his lips. Henry kissed her back, his left hand now resting above her hip.

"Are you happy?" He asked her.

"Very happy," she replied. "You're the best!"

"Funny," he rubbed her side and then pulled away his hand, "I think you are too."

She smiled as she kissed the top of Kipper's head, her eyes locked with Henry's. "This means a lot to me, Harry."

He nodded his head and then glanced at the script. Henry side deeply, closed the massive book and stood up. He turned to her, placing both his hands on her hips. A smile curved his lips, lips that were now pressed gently to her forehead.

"You mean the world to me," he murmured against her dark hair. She smiled softly as Henry pressed his forehead to her's and peered into her eyes.

___________________

I mean if you don't like corgis... you can always imagine a different dog... with a different name 👀