I Couldn't Do It Without You

"If you could not look so attractive, this might just work."

Henry stared up at his co-star, his food long forgotten about now. "You think I am attractive?"

"The whole world does, don't pretend like this is news to you." She crossed her arms and sat forward, "You gonna finish that?"

"Yes," Henry replied as he looked down at his steak. "Order more if you are hungry."

"Mm," she hummed softly and turned from the table to fish through her large bag. "As I was saying, working with you has been rather difficult because you're really good looking and well, I was never the greatest around hot guys. I am trying, however, you're the one who I pictured for this character so it has to work."

"Or else one of us is out of a job."

"I technically still have a job, but yes, I would very much love to go on as Wolf."

He smiled softly while scratching his beard, "I couldn't imagine anyone else, really."

"The casting director could. She really wanted someone else to play her. She had a long list, actually, your former wife was one of them."

"Former- oh," he nodded his head, "She would fit appearance wise."

"But she's not wolf, and hang on, Wolf is me so technically no one could fit Wolf appearance wise."

He nodded his head and chewed his steak quietly. They had been working together for two months now, sometimes they even went out to dinner together after a late scene. It was there where he learned it was better to eat and just nod his head while she rambled on, mainly to herself.

"I've been meaning to ask you, where did you get the inspiration for Connor's character?"

"You," she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I wanted a character with your face in this story because I just did... but you didn't exactly fit until my best friend and I spoke again and I realized Wolf and Clifford just weren't a good match. Clifford isn't my dream man anymore." She sighed and rested her cheek against her fist.

"Connor is your dream man?"

"No, I don't know... I think my dream man is blond... least he appeared as so. Anyway, I was fifteen when I came up with Clifford. Or was I fourteen? Either way, it's obvious I knew nothing about men."

Henry glanced up at her, she was in a daze again. He could tell by the way she was resting against her hand while her eyes were glued to the napkin she was ripping up.

"Based off the way you wrote your characters, I would say you know a thing or too."

She looked up, their eyes locking for the first time that night, "Draco and Clifford were my first ever male characters. Clifford was that old fashion gentleman while Draco was just a manwhore."

"And we both know there are men out there that can be classified as a Clifford or a Draco."

"Mm, this is true. And now we have Connor and Felix to add."

"And there are overly aggressive grizzly bear like men and scrawny boys with a bad temper."

She started to laugh softly, "You're starting to sound like Connor," she told him.

"Am I?" He smiled back at her.

"Yes," she then sat up and reached for her purse. "Now are you done?"

Henry looked down at his empty plate and then back up to her, "Did we not receive our check?"

"We did, an hour ago."

He watched as she slipped out of the booth, her purse now on her shoulder. "I can try to be less attractive," he said into her ear when he got up. "I wouldn't be able to go on without you as my Wolf."

"That's sweet," she slid her arm around his waist and leaned against them as they walked out the restaurant together. "I couldn't go on without you either."

"I know, who would remind you about your lines?"

"I do pretty well in scenes without you. You're just so hot it's distracting."

"I look forward to seeing how you act in future scenes."

She looked up at him, her face turning red despite the laughter coming from her lips. He was smiling down at her, a smile that warmed her heart and made her blush like a little school girl.  She buried her face into his chest and started to laugh.

"Don't look up now," he murmured, "paparazzis at eight o'clock."

She went to pull away, wanting nothing more than to be as far away from Henry as possible at that moment. She loved being his friend and his co-worker, but she hates being seen with him in public.

"No, no, you're not running away now." He held on to her, making her laugh as he tickled her side.

"I won't forgive you for this," she growled while trying to pry his hand from her side. "I expect Kal in my trailer tomorrow morning."

"Deal," he whispered into her ear just as a swarm of people calling Henry's name surrounded them followed by the flashing of lights. "Now follow my lead."

●●●

Because Henry with a beard 👅💦

Don't worry, the requests are coming. I actually wrote out the plotline for them, just need to write them out now. I swear they are coming... I just get sidetracked with other stories 👀
I may have five stories up that are nowhere close to being finished...

Anyway, how have you all been?
I miss my HC family 😢