The Encounter [I]

"It's freezing," she grumbled, her fingers numb as she pulled her sweater tighter around her. "Why didn't I pack warmer clothes?"

"Do you even own warmer clothes?" Asked the tall blonde haired girl that had accompanied her.

"Good point," she replied, looking up at her best friend. "So what do we do now?"

"I guess we find someplace warm since you're turning into a popsicle."

"Hey, I am a Floridian," she said with a thick southern accent that she often used when she was trying to be cute. "I am not used to this kind of weather."

"Says the girl who isn't even used to her own weather."

"It's just so hot," the short brunette whined.

"Right, whatever you say." the blonde rolled her eyes and smiled. "Come on, let's just find a place. I may be from here, but it's still a little too cold for this shirt."

"Uh huh," smiled the brunette as she bumped her shoulder into her friend. "And you're making fun of me."

"I am not," replied the blonde as they started to walk down the street. "You're the one all shivering with teeth chattering and stuff."

"Hey! I can't help it I get cold easily."

"Yes, you just looove the cold."

"I do, a lot better than the hea- Oh I'm so sorry!" Gasped the brunette as her shoulder came in contact with someone's chest. She turned around to find that the stranger was not only taller than her, but much larger in size and he was sporting a not so bad looking beard.

"It's alright, no harm done." He said with a sweet smile that revealed his teeth. She had noted he had two front pointy teeth that would make for perfect vampire teeth.

"Are you sure?" she asked, a look of uncertainty on her face. "I should have been paying attention to where I was walking. I'm - I - I'm really sorry."

The man she had ran into chuckled softly.

"Is that a chiefs hat?" was the first thing out of her friend's mouth. Confused, she looked up herself to see the hat.

"Uh," the stranger she had bumped into took off his hat to look at it and then chuckled. "Yeah, forgot which hat I was wearing for a moment. Are you a fan?"

"Pft," was the sound that came out of her friend as if she had been offended by his question.

"No, she prefers the team that stands no chance and shouldn't even be considered an NFL team."

"Excuse me!" she nearly shrieked.

"What?" she turned around to look at her friend. "Half of America doesn't even realize that the Jaguars are a team. Can you really blame me?"

"Well not everyone likes a team that cheats their way into the Superbowl."

"We do not cheat!"

"Oh, fine, so they buy their way in."

"I mean, least they have the money." she said while shrugging her shoulders.

"You ladies must really be into sports. Uhh, not sure if I'm going to regret this or not, but what team-"

"Jacksonville Jaguars," replied the blonde before he could even finish.

"See, look at his face, he's never heard of them."

"She likes the Patriots."

"Ah," he said.

"See, he's heard of them."