Nice To Bump Into You

Slipping through the narrow space between door and frame, she stepped onto the empty sidewalk glancing around while she adjusted her sloppy ponytail and prepared for what was going to be a very painful experience.

Taking a deep, soothing breath, she inhaled and exhaled repeatedly until she felt she was ready... for what? She was not sure, but she was ready nonetheless.

Stretching one arm and then the other, she bent forward to touch her toes and then stretch her legs. This is what you were supposed to do, right, stretch before a run? She was no pro, not even an amateur runner, in fact this was probably the first time she was ever about to go for a run. Even back in high school during their mile runs before activities, she walked the track instead of running. Running made you all sweaty and gross and who wanted to go to class all sweaty and gross?

Feeling like she was good to go, she turned to her left and started walking. She should take this slow. A nice steady pace and then she'd quicken her strides and little by little she would work her way into a run.

Or so that had been the plan. Three blocks later, she was still on a leisurely stroll, admiring this house and that, she had even stopped to watch a few birds in a tree. Now she was on the fourth block and still not making any progress, that is, until she noticed someone up ahead on her side of the street.

"Damn," she murmured, shoving her hands in her pocket and coming to a complete stop. Turning, she looked down the street to see if it was safe to cross, but it seemed the street suddenly wanted to be busy. This way and that, cars came. With a sigh, she turned back to see the large man approaching. There was no avoiding him, she would have to step into someone's yard to give him the right away, except the yard she stood next to was fenced off.

With only one other option, she pressed herself against the chain link fence only to jump away from the snarling massive brindle dog on the other side. Hand clutching her chest, heart pounding rapidly, she found herself laughing and just walking forward.

"Fuck it," she said, lowering her hand. He'd just have to slow down until they passed each other and that wouldn't be a long time.

As she walked on, and he came closer, she moved back toward the fence despite the snarling pit bull that was trying to jump the fence to get to her.

"Aren't you supposed to be friendly?" She asked the dog as she kept walking on. "Keep snarling at strangers like that and you'll find yourself crossing the rainbow bridge. Don'tcha know your kind is already viewed as dangerous?"

She shook her head at the dog and then turned to look where she was going but it was too late. It seemed the runner wasn't paying attention to where he was going either or else they would have missed each other completely and she wouldn't  have stumbled back onto her bottom.

"I'm sorry, miss," he said kneeling down in front of her. "Are you hurt?"

She shook her head and wiped the palm of her hands on her pants. Despite the burning feeling in them and the pain in her butt(and the snarling in her ear), she was still able to detect the man had an accent and at that, her head jerked up.

"I'm fine," she said as she placed her hand in his that he held out to her. With one good tug, he pulled her onto her feet. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me," he told her, "It's  my fault you were on the ground in the first place. I should have been paying attention to where I was going."

"So should have I," she replied, brushing off her butt. "But I was lecturing Fido here about his rude behavior toward strangers."

He chuckled in response, which made her smile and feel all warm inside for some unusual reason.

"Well, I shouldn't keep you," she said. "I'll  just be on my way." And like that, she smiled, waved awkwardly and moved past him.

"Hey wait!" She stopped and turned around. "I didn't catch your name."

"My friends call me Leesi," she replied.

"Leesi?" He smiled, "Well Leesi, would you like to join me for a drink?"

Her mouth opened slightly while she looked up toward the sky in thought. "I don't drink with strangers," she then replied, feeling pretty witty... or stupid, she wasn't quite sure yet.

"Right," he laughed and approached her. "The name's Henry." He said while extending out his hand.

"Henry," she repeated as she placed her hand in his. "Nice to meet you, Henry. And to answer your question, I would love to."

"Where have you been?", I know... you're all thinking it 🙈
Lol, I've honestly just been working and working on other stories while watching Game of Thrones and with Henry being M.I.A in Paris, my motivation went out the window and Lord Baelish moved in... 😂😂😂
But luckily our man updated up with a selfie today, so y'all now have a new one-shot to read 💕
Plus, like he just looked too good not to write about.