That Just Happened

"No." I tell myself firmly, squeezing my eyes shut and mentally shaking my head. Forcing away the thought, the small possibility of hope, I opened them once again.

For only a man of six foot one, he was tall, least in my perspective. His long curls had been cropped and his facial hair gone. It was because of this that I refused to believe that what I saw before me was even him.

The man was beefy, well sculpted from what I could tell beneath the thin cotton fabric of his shirt, but he was not at all like how he was portrayed to look in Man of Steal, he looked smaller.

And now he was walking my way.

I watched from my position against the stone wall as he placed a cap on his head and then I knew, either this guy was a really good impersonator or I was really standing in the same building as Henry Cavill.

My observing continued, arms crossed, one foot over then other and my lips pressed firmly together to keep from opening on their own... or from drool to pour out.

He came closer, our eyes locking for a split second. He flashed me a quirky smile and waved.

I averted my eyes, my lips curving upward as my face flushed from the embarrassment of being caught gawking.

"Good morning," his silky deep voice called from my right.

"Morning," I replied, turning my head slightly to watch as he passed on by. 

Once he was no longer in my line of vision, or more so the corner of it, I turned around, head raised and searched the busy airport for a glimpse of him somewhere.

"So that happened," mumbled a voice from my left.

Looking down, I saw my youngest sibling sat up against the same wall I was leaning against, with a hat over their face to block out the fluorescent airport lighting.

"Yep," I turned my head back the way he went and added, "That really just did.

_______________________________

Short, simple, and it's an update. I was scheduled to have four days off but I was still on my cloud nine from working so much that I decided to knock it down to three days off 🙃

But a girl needs money.
And I have started two other books.