chapter twenty one

Amber's POV

I was just descending the stair case with Eddie,when I heard a wolf whistle sign.I looked up quick to see George smiling as if he'll never smile again, he seemed in his old self ,I exchanged looks with Eddie before clearing my throat.

George came forward and offered his his hand towards me and I took it without thinking,he smiled handsomely towards me,I just flushed and let him lead the way.

Once we got to the dinning room I found everyone sited and waiting for me.

"Hello, Mr. Hunter..."i started when I sat down and he smiled at me.

"Hi dear how have you been?"be asked facing me,I sat next to him where he sat at the end of the table  same as mom,next to me was Nicholas, opposite George next Alicia, opposite her Felix and next to him Eddie.

" I've been fine,how have you been?"I asked him and he continued smiling that smile told me a lot but I couldn't describe.

"I have been good,school, projects, PTA  meetings and many other school staff , you seem to be doing well in English nowadays," he said and I nodded.

"Yeah,but literature is really getting to me,I really try my best." I said.

"So you are implying that you need a tutor." He asked and I nodded.

"That sounds like a good idea," I said and looked around and looked at mom,she was giving me the same smile Mr hunter gave me I just smiled back.

"I'll help her-,"both George and Nicholas said and looked at each other intensely again,this was awkward.

" Amber I have good news for you,am switching schools, am coming to Western high."as soon as he uttered those words came out of his mouth I dropped my spoon and was speechless.

"Well,well if it isn't lover boy telling you that is gonna be close to you now-" she was cut my mom.

"Alicia," she said throwing her a warning look.

"What is wrong with you,Amber has never hurt you ,why are you so pumped up when it comes to her,have you ever thought that your actions may hurt her?" Nicholas said and everyone was quiet even Alicia.

"Who are you to her if not her lover," Alicia said as soon as she found her voice.

"I am her b-," he didn't get to finish when his dad cleared his throat and we all turned to hear Nicholas finish his sentence.

"You're her what?" Alicia asked again.

"Am her singing buddy," he said and I looked at him as if he had six heads.

"Singing buddy?really nick," I said and he looked at me with apologetic eyes."best excuse ever now tell me,what am I to you?"I continued and he looked behind.

"I'll tell you one day ok," he said and I looked at him and our eyes locked,he really wanted this subject to fall,I nodded and we went back to our food.

Dinner went well,we were chatting with Nicholas, I looked forward and saw that George looking at me,why? I smiled at me and he returned it with a grin.

"Did you enjoy your food," I asked it was a silly question but I wanted to engage in a conversion with him.

"It was delicious thank you,you are really a good cook." He said and I flushed but he soon frowned when nick put his arm around my shoulder.

"I know,its good I found you first cause am never letting go," he said looking at Georgia whose face was emotionless.

"Nick!" I warned as he let go of me.

"Anyway sorry about that, let's start over am Nicholas hunter a friend to this unbearable thing here," he said I gasped did he just call me that.i smacked him on the head.

"What did you say about me!"I said and he faced me rubbing the back of his head.

"Hey! But you are-" he started but i smacked him again."I wasn't finished, I wanted to say that, you are the most jerk like girl,you talk nonsense, you cry like a baby,you -"he said but I interrupted him.

"Stop!" I said closing my eyes and let what he said go away cause I knew he was joking."when I open my eyes I want you to run away because am gonna kill you, one..."I started and heard shuffling and continued counting.

When I reached the third number and opened my eyes, nick was at the door looking scared, we all laughed at him.

"You wanna say that you are scared to come after me." Nick said covering up his embarrassment.

"Oh am coming alright," I said jumping out of my chair and ran towards him,man he was fast that I found myself panting.

"Tired are we," I heard nick behind me and I checked him by my eyes on its edge. That's it,I back flipped twice and got him on the spot with a surprised expression.

"Gotcha,hey the cat got your tongue," I said but he still was stunned. Looking towards the table everyone's mouth was hanging open, I guess I surprised them even myself,I didn't know I could do it since sophomore year.

"Cool,where did you learn that awesome move," Eddie said and I smiled.

"I learned it during my sophomore year," I said sitting back on my place  and nick did the same.

"Hi am George Garcia, Amber's close friend," George introduced himself to nick and they shook hand and looked at me, "That move was awesome," he said and I smiled,nick huffed several times I had to laugh at him.

"What at you laughing at, you wanna have this armpit in your face?" He said happily but I wasn't getting down that easily.

"You wanna have this fork on your neck," I said imitating his voice and everyone laughed leaving him embarrassed again.

"Ok everyone we have some argent news to give you!" Mom said and soon everyone was focused on her and Mr hunter since he had already joined her.

"But am afraid I'll have to give it when we'll be watching our movie." She said receiving a couple of awes from us,but I new why she wanted this to be a family affair cause people like Felix would not be a good idea to share cause he wasn't even family.