chapter twenty three

Alicia Pov

"Alicia how is this, "my six year old sister Amber asked and I looked over at her sand castle she was making, it was pretty but I never allowed her to win, I was the bigger one and no one else was to come my way.

"No it's ugly and bad, "I replied back looking away with a smile on my face, obviously she was about to cry when mom had to ruin my moment.

"honey,its beautiful, would you like me to build a more bigger one."she asked and Amber nodded. Argh! She was supposed to ask me, hello am right here, I wanted to scream at her.

The next day I found Amber and shouted at her, to stop being a little goodie shoes, that mom didn't even love her, just then mom came looking very furious and pulled me by my ear.

"What are you doing Alicia don't you know she is your little sister, who looks to you, but all you ever done is push her away by accusing her, mistreating her and discourage her, how will it sound if you were in her shoes my dear, "she said and I shrugged.

"nothing really, "I said as I headed back to the house but mom stopped me.

"Honey have you ever heard a saying that goes 'what goes around comes around ',she said and I shook my head.

"Don't know don't care, I said and ran to my room.

Years passed,my hostility towards my sister grew more, the attention I thought would be given to me was all taken by her, everyone loved her because she was nice, gentle,social and generous, mom asked me why I wasn't like her. I snorted,"as if, "I replied.

Finally at the age of sixteen, little Missy goody shoes got a boyfriend, Henry he was the most handsome boy around and I was jealous that he never saw me the same way he looked at my sister and some way I wished he would die and get away from my sister, I also had Max for some reason he liked me and I appreciated that he liked me but i just didn't want to look like a loner more like single girl.

"stop being selfish Alicia, it's not cool, Amber is try so hard to make you love her but you just discourage her more and more ,"Henry told me once and I laughed so hard.

"oh look it's lover boy here, give him some round of applause, "I said sarcastically as he shook his head. I brought my hands on his face, "why can't you look at me the way you look at my sister, basically we are the same. "I exclaimed and he shooed my hands away.

"Eww no way, you may have same physical features but you have a black heart and once again my heart belongs to her and not anyone else,"he said smiling but my anger was raging to 90% now.

"How dare you speak to me in that manner, I wish you hell, don't ever look at me again. "I shouted at him.

"OK, "that's all he said and I groaned loudly walking away ,from that day I hated him so much, it was such a shame that he died the following month, I cried secretly but no one had to know that I liked him, but his heart was for someone else.

Again Max, my boyfriend wasn't happy with the way I treated my sister, but I didn't care, I didn't love him anyway and the day came when we had a big argument that we broke up with each other and that's when he shouted that he'd prefer Amber than me a hundred times and I lost it and kicked him real hard where the sun doesn't shine and left him there.

To get all my frustrations out ,I had to blame someone, whom I knew wouldn't stand up for herself, of course you know the name, uma... haha just kidding Amber. I started accusing her of killing him, I told her she was crazy, even in school I used to sneak to the principal's office and announce that my sister was crazy, the detentions I got that season was enough to chase my dreams of going to any university I wanted. leave alone that, mom grounded me, I had to wash the dishes for three months even though we had maids.

Since Amber had many friends,starting with the cheerleaders, I just started gossiping about them but the words were spread by "Amber "quoting her name and arguments started and Amber withdrew from her cheerleading group and I replaced her, after a week I was kicked out, turns out I wasn't that flexible like Amber.

I quit harassing and embarrassing my sister after this other handsome boy came to Amber's life again Nick by the name. why does she get the good once, right from there they were inseparable, Amber also learned to ride a motorcycle and for our seventeenth birthday Mr hunter bought her a purple motorcycle, oooh wow I loved that moment, believe me am totally being sarcastic.

I tried many times to make Nick look at me but I guess that chance was taken away from myself when I was harassing my sister in front of me, but I may never know, maybe he will look at me one day, and I'll be waiting for it to arrive.

Yesterday at dinner, I wored this lovely dress just for him to notice me, I even offered him my car but he wasn't interested. What else can I do, I even bought a boyfriend to make him jealous (Felix isn't my boyfriend anyway, I just paid him to make both Nick and Amber jealous of me) but of course my plans don't always work. Once I saw my sister and Nick hugging I knew that was the end of me, but I also saw George having the same hurtful look ever, "oh looks like your girl is gone, with that hug I think she already forgot that you existed, "I said and he shook his head.

"look who is talking now, when we both know you are trying so hard to get his attention that you'll never have, "he said and I was quiet digesting all that he told me and I was hurt by his truth. Before I could say another word ,Amber called him, "hmm looks like I haven't been forgotten, unlike you, "he chuckled as he went away and I felt like beating him up real bad.

Anyway,i like my sister, only I get to see her down and no one else has that chance except me.