CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

George's POV

"Ok so here's the plan,nick... You stall Amber's mom,Alicia as I hate saying this but can you come up with a plan to distract Mr Hunter?"I asked and she nodded. " ok the rest of us operation accompany Amber to her room via the window,all in," I continued but Amber protested.

"I can just say I went for a walk," she said and I laughed louder than everyone else.

"Stop being cute dear,I for one will get in trouble and that's not even in my vocabulary right now." I protested and Jessica awed where I ended up glaring at her.

"You're getting worse," I heard one of the girls mention to Amber and I had to look at her,man she looked worse cause her nose was even more red,dry lips and eyes even more red,I felt sorry for her.

Let me get you back on track before we continue. Just as we were heading to lunch a near place close to home cause we thought we'd be home by the time we finish but karma had another plan for us for when we were just about to order desert ( I fed Amber who accepted willingly, not really I kind of forced her into eating when she refused to eat). Mrs. woods car passed at the front of the restaurant and we looked at each other with worried looks before scrambling to the exit,thank God we were inside instead and it was kind of hard to see from outside.

The plan went well except for Amber who kept groaning saying that it was a bad idea but we never listened.

So as we reached her room carefully ,we sneak in and cooperate to place Amber on her bed only to hear people clapping that I snapped my head very hard towards the direction of the sound that was coming from and alas there was Amber's mom ,Mr Hunter , Alicia and lastly Nicholas who had guilty faces.

"I wonder what candy put in your heads this time,"Mrs Woods started as Amber and candy  giggled as if nothing had happened,"should I ask what's going on or should I give the punishment already." She continued but no one answered.

I wanted to talk when Alicia started." It was me mom, recently we have been talking with each other and since she really wanted to see the girls I thought why not take the risk and do it .so here we are now..."the doubtful look on everyone's face was understatement of the century of which even Amber herself was giving away that I had to nudge her.

"Yes mom it's true see this beautiful card she gave me too isn't it sweet of her," Amber replied and her mother shook her head in disbelief.

"As much as I want to not  believe you, I'll let this one go but Alicia chores for a week, anyway since it's almost dinner time you're all welcome to stay." She said as she left.

"Free food am in"candy starts as they all laughed at her bluntness and follow after leaving only me, Amber and Mr Hunter.

"You gonna be okay?" I ask Amber as she nods and then I lean down and kiss her forehead then greeted Mr hunter on my way out.

"Hello dear,how are you feeling now? " I heard him greet her and got out of earshot as I went to find Mrs Woods.

"Oh hi George would you like to help me with the salad , thanks." She asked when I arrived in the kitchen and I agreed," thanks for taking care of Amber ,bless you my child," she continued and I shy off.

"You're welcome plus I care for your daughter I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her," I answered as she agreed." Um Mrs Woods would it be ok if Amber and I went back to my home this weekend," I asked.

" Oh of course dear and this is your home too you know,I would feel bad if you've never considered here your home." She said.

"Of course Mrs Woods this is my home please don't feel bad because of me." I replied.

" Ok and from now on you call me mom I don't like official names," she said and I laughed as we finished our work in the kitchen.

  Amber's POV
" Hello dear, how are you dear ", Mr Hunter said  and I replied with a weak smile as he sat down by my bed. The room was filled with silence,but a comfortable one I didn't seem to mind that Mr. Hunter was there and I couldn't explain it either.

Mr. Hunter cleared his throat and I looked at him in curiosity," well I know your birthday is coming up, what would you like," asked and I shrugged.

"How did you know,oh I get it mom told you, anything is ok,I don't mind," I said weakly as he patted my arm and kissed my forehead.

"Ok I will let you rest and we'll talk later,if it's fine with you," he said getting up and I nodded as he went for the door.

Then nostalgia came back ,I remember my dad patting me once and kissing me in the forehead when I was like two years old, could it be- no of course not dad died 12 years ago right!!!  right. Or I may be just exergerating myself , well I hope not and in that minute of thinking that I fell in a deep slumber.

Britney's POV
"It's time for dinner," I shouted as hunter was descending from Amber's room looking happier than usual. 

"Hey hey! ,You shouldn't shout like that it's not good for the baby," he said in haste as I laughed and he looked at me as if I had two heads.

" Oh when did you get all protective," I asked as he shrugged.

" I don't know maybe since I know I have a big chance with Amber," he said scratching the back of his head.

" Really tell me," I  asked as he signed.

" She is comfortable around me - " he started but I interrupted him.

" Wait she is comfortable around everyone,sorry continue," I said once I saw a glare directed towards me.

" I don't know,she allowed me to pat her hand and kiss her forehead," he said   and I gasped louder drawing his attention to me. " Are you ok dear,is it time," he started touching my stomach but I snapped them away.

" No am not,you used to do that to them when they were young,it will give you away," I said as he looked as if he saw a ghost.

" Oh dear I never thought of that,but I'll be carefull next time ," he said as I nodded .

" Yeah let's hope so" as I only hoped the future will favour our relationship this time