Chapter 24- In my own way

Yuu's perspective:

After a mission with Alisa, i decided to go on a search mission to look for Lindow. I asked the Advisor's permission.

However, Tsubaki-san didn't allow me, since there was a unit assigned for that. But i did a plan B. Wherein i will do the researching after i kill the target in a normal mission. I decided to accept a mission where the Old city is the area. I activated my "new power" that i acquired not too long ago and managed to control it. Thanks to that, i killed the target for 5 seconds. And now i have 29:55 time left. Too much spare time and that is good.

I looked thoroughly and on place that i didn't visited yet. Not here... he wasn't here... then i decided to go to the temple ruins.. it took 10 minutes running without even resting.. now i am so tired.. i rest for a minute and checked the time...

18:55 minutes left... *heavy breathing* huff... huff...*cough* oh i should'nt have used my 1 minute for resting... *sweating*if i don't come back in time it'll be a punishment waiting. *sigh* oh no.

I searched and searched. I saw a place that i never go in to, and decided to go there.

Hello? Anybody here..?

The only thing in there were black-colored feathers. Torn parts of clothes... it seems the person who left this place didn't get farther yet... who could be here earlier?

I run swiftly in hope that i'll bump into that person and i wish it was Lindow. Oh no the time is...

5:37 left...

Looks like i have to continue this another day, at least there are clues. And also i have to...bring those feathers back.

I took some and decided to go back to the Den. I came in time! Whew... And when i go back, The first one i saw when i entered through the Den gate was no other than the Advisor herself...

T-Tsubaki-san...

"Why are you breathing like that, and sweating too much? Aren't there only one target for you? And that target was so easy for someone like you. Put those things aside...  Well now i'd like you to report about your mission."

"U-Uh (Oh crap i forgot i'd have to report everything--) Tsu-Tsubaki-san...i ... could we just talk it out somewhere? *sweating* i mean i--"

"Report everything right here, right now!"

"Uh-Ah! I... just ...-"

Kota stepped in, interrupting our conversation.

"Sorry Miss Tsubaki-san but, maybe Yuu is having a hard time telling all the truth. Confidential maybe?"

Oh no aren't you making it worser... she'll ask all now oh i can't lie...

"O-Okay, *scratches head* Tsubaki-san i actually killed the target for a mere five seconds with my new-... ah never mind. I used my spare time to look for... Lindow"

Tsubaki-san hit me in the head with her clip board then she smiled.

"Didn't i told you before, Yuu? There is a unit assigned for that."

"But Tsubaki-san..! I-I actually gathered some information..."

When they heard this, the other God Eater around decided to listen and comes near me.

???: what is it?
???: Yeah tell it.

"Ok here goes, there was this place in the Temple Ruins, that was really weird. I saw some torn piece of clothes and some black feathers... And the place seemed that a person used it and then left not too long ago. I just thought maybe it's Lindow... so now we have a place to focus on."

The God Eaters around me and Tsubaki-san looks like their hope hightened up.

"I think that's true, and maybe he had-... oh sorry, it was nothing. Please rest. Good work today. You... other God Eaters, please do what you must do today, That's all. Excuse me..."

Tsubaki left with a nice smile. The others continued what they do with huge smiles on their faces.

Now i should do some research again! But really... i should take the day-off i feel like vomiting due to running non-stop... and using my new ability which also hurts my body due to excessive power and my body can't hold it for long.

I go to my room and jumped in my bed. I can still feel the aches, but it seems that getting information do lessens the pain. It was not yet confirmed but i feel hopeful we'll find him soon. I heard a call in the radio phone.

"Yuu, this is Dr. Sakaki. Could you bring the black feathers in my lab right now?"

I pressed the button for answering call and i said to Doc that...

"Yes, Dr. Sakaki please wait a second."

I go to the lab. There i saw Dr. Sakaki, Soma and Sakuya.

"So you're here." Soma grunted.

"How is it going,  Yuu?"

"I'm fine thanks Sakuya-san, uh Dr. Sakaki what do you need me for--?"

"Can you give me the feathers?"

I gave Doc the feathers. He looked serious.

"Hmm... a Raven feather ... i'll keep this. hmm.. you should continue your regular duties... Well ahh, Shio was resting there."

After he said those words, we heard a huge thud from Shio's room. Alisa and Kota came out of the room, coughing.

"W-What happened?" I asked in a loud voice.

"Shio suddenly went crazy and told us someone was calling her... She went... out of control! Then she escaped and--!" Alisa said to us unclearly.

"Oh no. Soma and Yuu please search for her immediately!" Dr. Sakaki asked us.

"Yuu isn't in the best condition today. He used his powers again. He'll only be a BIG baggage and get in my way. I'll do it alone." Soma replied.

"Okay then, take care Soma." Dr. Sakaki said to Soma with a smile.

"You don't have to act like you care, I'm going now so ask Tsubaki now."

Soma left coldly, leaving Dr. Sakaki sad. I was confused and felt a little angry but without knowing the truth i can't hate him. "Why is Soma like that?" I asked in concern and also to know what was with him.

"Don't mind him, he was like that ever since he was experimented non other than his father, The Director... and his mother during her Managarm Project and who died because of that as well. Even if he was like that please understand him and make friends with him."

"Yeah. I think he was carried off by ... negative things around him.. O-Okay, i should go now and... think about some personal stuffs. Goodbye Dr. Sakaki!"

"Fine. Goodbye, then."

I go to my room and continued to rest. In my mind the only thing is how to find Lindow and about Soma who was blunt. Aww i wish Lindow will suddenly appear, though it is impossible...I hope he's fine...

...