Chapter 27- Unnatural

Narrator's perspective:

It was morning. All first units are in Dr. Sakaki's room except for Sakuya who was taking a mandatory leave to rest. Which means Yuu is alright now. They were summoned, for Shio was acting strange. After a problem comes another, since Lindow went missing the whole den is in low spirits then many more problems occurred.

The old man with eyeglasses, the professor and the present techie of the Fenrir far east branch, Paylor Sakaki explains why he summoned them for important matter.

"As you can see, Shio is looking weird. She was hearing voices from the Island where the Director is making the Aegis project. I would like you all to take care of Shio and communicate with her starting tomorrow, you will stay here for a whole day.. Sorry for taking your Day-off." The man stood up, looking straight in the eye to Yuu while whispering.

After they leave we'll begin the experiment.

Yuu nodded, Alisa noticed it. But she ignored and didn't mind as she know what it is already through the resonance.

"Hey Shio, want to eat?" Soma asked. "Yes, come eat with me, Soma!" Soma handed Shio a bread, which was quite delicious and crunchy. Soma looked changed by the Aragami he despised at first.

Akari Nagame looked confused , asking what was Shio at all. Sakaki explaines, Akari jumped in shock.

"She was--!" "Hey, relax Akari. Shio won't devour you or anything..." Kota reassured Akari. "I-If you say so." Akari stared at Shio, biting her lip and folded her arms.

"I'm hungry..." "Huh, but you already ate Shio..." Kota reminded Shio. "I want more! Ohhh... DINNER." "You ARE kidding me!, its morning so it is breakfast. How about rations?" "Idiot, of course she won't eat it." Soma said coldly, giving a pissed off look at Kota. Kota looked uncomfortable. "Guys, cut it out. Stop your child fight." Alisa interrupted. "SHUT UP!!" Both of them said, making Alisa sad.

"Okay, you are dismissed now. Except for Yuu."

"Me?"

"No, its Yuu."

"Yeah, me."

"Oh Kota stop the nonsense."

"Haha, just making you laugh Doc! You look older in your typical face!"

"But I AM OLD."

"Bye  Doc. Bye Yuu."

They left leaving Dr. Sakaki , Shio and Yuu. Shio entered her room and slept. Paylor Sakaki started the experiment. After a few hours, he told the young boy everything he knew and learned about it.

"Ooh, pretty interesting. Your genetics are hardening making it harder to cure the threat of what was contaminated on your body, pretty damn dangerous i must say."

"So will i Die?" Asked by the kid who was looking afraid.

"I ain't sure. But the substance on you makes your human and oracle cells combine, making you powerful. The oracle cells doesn't devour your human cells but instead help it become unnatural, which is weird. The oracle cells actually devours it, not help it."

"So Doc...?"

"Also, the adrenaline glands produces more giving you so much energy. At the same time making you powerful. Know the movie 'Kickass' More than so many decades ago? When Hitgirl uses her Dad's syringe with Adrenaline and uses it for when she will almost die, she becomes so powerful and like a freak. Which is what is happening to you. But it produces even when you are not about to die. When you are in rage. After killing what you must, it stops causing you to fall to pieces. Making your body aches so painfully after that. "

"And...?"

"To get to the point, your body and organs functions inhuman. Without you getting killed. And there are more chance that it increases you life span. Also, a part of your body, the right chest has a core like of an Aragami. If it is shattered, i guess it'll just weaken you and bring you to Coma. But it won't kill you since you heart and brain are still the command centers. And that core looks like exactly of a demon's and an Aragami's. In other words, You aren't human anymore."

Yuu falls to pieces, tears drop and he fell to both knees. The whole time Dr. Sakaki was explaining, Alisa was just listening behind the door. She looked worried about Yuu.

She spoke in a low voice with a sad tone.

"Yuu... is not human, anymore?"

"That can't be. Even so... i still..."

She entered the room, Touching Yuu's shoulders making him feel okay.

Yuu's perspective:

Those last sentence i heard, makes me feel uneasy and sad. I am not a human anymore? Then i am no better than of an Aragami-!

E-Even so... with this powers i could...

KILL THEM EASILY.

But if i am not anymore... then i just turned my back on human power, becoming a monster...

Will i really accept this and use it... or will i abandon this and kill them my own way.

Neither of them is the best choice. Wh-What should i do, then?!

Arrghhh... this crap. My head again...

Inside me i felt, numb. At the same time a weird feeling succombs in me making me feel like i can't go back to normal.

I heard the door's sound and it opened, Alisa came running. Touching both of my shoulders, wiping my tears and helped me to stand. Looking bad at me, i felt like this powers i gained weakened me at all. Not making me powerful. I felt ashamed. Just what is happening to me... really?

"Yuu! Stop this nonsense, this isn't like you at all. Not the one i met at first!"

Dr. Sakaki was being quiet, smiling at us. I couldn't stop shaking. It chills me to the bone and it actually burns i feel like i am so much a burden to them, making me really depressed. She was right, this isn't me at all. What a weakling i am.

"Guh...*sob* I don't know what was happening to me either... just forget about me, i'll clean my own mess so even if i die i won't be a burden!..."

She slapped me again, this time like she did it intentionally. Not for making me feel bad but to let me realize everything. Dr. Sakaki leaves with a smirk. Doors shut. Her slap left a red spot on my right cheek. I look to her straight in the face to know if she was angry, but to my surprise, she was crying too. Looking so sad.

"A-Alisa..."

...

"Tch... Yuu, i hate you!"

She left while crying. I was on the floor. I don't really know just what the heck i had become. In my surprise, i heard a voice coming from my back.

"Hey rookie, time to teach you a lesson. You were really damned this days."

It was Soma cracking his fist, looking coldly at me. He punched me powerfully in the face, i was thrown back. I felt so much pain.